Promotional images for my show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limr; It's a real show, on You Tube.

Is it continuously running? Or is there a specific time and place for it? How does one find it? Is there a YouTube channel we should be searching for? For a promotional picture, don't you think these things should be, y'know, promoted?
Try here: Lamat771 - YouTube

Did you miss my point as well? I have no interest in watching the "show." I simply pointed out the lack of promotional information on a promotional poster. If I had wanted the information for myself, I would have written, "Hey, could you give me the web address and tell me when I can watch?" Because, you know, I'm real subtle that way.
To gain enlightenment grasshopper you must complete the journey. Only then will true understanding be yours.

Be sure to check out the "How to Sashay" video. It's one of my favorites. :cool-98:

So you only like forums that agree with your pre conceived notion and not forums that give insight into ways of improvement from many different perspectives.
from what i read, they didn't agree with him there either. seems to be a couple "issues" "technical issues" in there.
You should be able to overlook a few technical issues to appreciate the beauty in the photo or in anything by that matter. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, i've had people message me on this site saying they love my work and others don't like it at all. Nobody is going to agree 100% with my art and I don't expect them to but I never appreciate people getting personal with me. I haven't called anyone out on that other forum because nobody has personally attacked me, it's all fair criticism but done in the proper way.

Limr; It's a real show, on You Tube.

Is it continuously running? Or is there a specific time and place for it? How does one find it? Is there a YouTube channel we should be searching for? For a promotional picture, don't you think these things should be, y'know, promoted?
Try here: Lamat771 - YouTube

Did you miss my point as well? I have no interest in watching the "show." I simply pointed out the lack of promotional information on a promotional poster. If I had wanted the information for myself, I would have written, "Hey, could you give me the web address and tell me when I can watch?" Because, you know, I'm real subtle that way.
To gain enlightenment grasshopper you must complete the journey. Only then will true understanding be yours.

Be sure to check out the "How to Sashay" video. It's one of my favorites. :cool-98:
'How To Sashay' is one of my favourites, it's the best sashay video in the world.

.... I haven't called anyone out on that other forum because nobody has personally attacked me, it's all fair criticism but done in the proper way.
I'm not aware of anyone personally attacking you here. In fact the moderating team has devoted quite a bit of their time to ensuring your threads stayed on an even keel, even when you told us we didn't know our donkey from a hole in the ground. I would also be interested in learning how you define the "proper way" to deliver critique.

So you only like forums that agree with your pre conceived notion and not forums that give insight into ways of improvement from many different perspectives.
from what i read, they didn't agree with him there either. seems to be a couple "issues" "technical issues" in there.
You should be able to overlook a few technical issues to appreciate the beauty in the photo or in anything by that matter. Perfection is in the eye of the beholder, i've had people message me on this site saying they love my work and others don't like it at all. Nobody is going to agree 100% with my art and I don't expect them to but I never appreciate people getting personal with me. I haven't called anyone out on that other forum because nobody has personally attacked me, it's all fair criticism but done in the proper way.
Too deep for me. I don't agree or disagree nor concern myself . You post a photo, it gets critiqued. I felt i was being fairly impartial. Your concept thing you have going is really neither here nor there for me as a concern. The technical issues, is what we look for in order to explain them to you for you to improve. That is for your purpose. Otherwise we would just see your photo, and flip on to the next. Overlooking technical issues when we view a photo does YOU a disservice. Doesn't effect me either way.

.... I haven't called anyone out on that other forum because nobody has personally attacked me, it's all fair criticism but done in the proper way.
I'm not aware of anyone personally attacking you here. In fact the moderating team has devoted quite a bit of their time to ensuring your threads stayed on an even keel, even when you told us we didn't know our donkey from a hole in the ground. I would also be interested in learning how you define the "proper way" to deliver critique.
Right! I feel bad for the kid so figured i would give it a shot giving him a decent critique (and i hardly ever critique) since others weren't exactly jumping up because his attitude sucks and i get a response saying i should have overlooked the details. LOL!

The problem is that you come into the forum all high and mighty, then your work dont live up to your arrogance. No I'm not getting personal but simply stating my observation. I'm the big advocate of mood and emotions over technical perfection. I shoot weddings for a living, I know when to brush aside technical perfection but your photos are filled with so many common technical flaws to a point where they look newbie and amateur. You can simply correct them by learning the fundamentals of photography and design or you can just continue with what you do and never improve. One of the many important qualities of a great artist is the ability to recognize what is good, what is bad, and why. From my observation so far, you lack that ability and are just full of excuses.

I've said this before and I will say it again, if you need help just open up and ask. Many experienced photographers on this forum will donate their time to help you.

Just my opinion... :)

Last edited:
What is that other site anyway? I can't find anything that tells who owns or runs it, but there's a store so someone's apparently making money from it... And posting there and sharing it here seems to be another indication that the purpose of all this is to gain attention or followers or drive traffic to your YouTube channel. Or whatever.

Anyway, with any artistic endeavor the technical aspects come into it. The intention may not be conveyed well if the work is technically lacking.

If you're at all seriously interested you could look into a class or coursework on graphic art or photography and work on developing your design skills.

59561509.jpg

What is that other site anyway? I can't find anything that tells who owns or runs it, but there's a store so someone's apparently making money from it... And posting there and sharing it here seems to be another indication that the purpose of all this is to gain attention or followers or drive traffic to your YouTube channel. Or whatever.

Anyway, with any artistic endeavor the technical aspects come into it. The intention may not be conveyed well if the work is technically lacking.

If you're at all seriously interested you could look into a class or coursework on graphic art or photography and work on developing your design skills.
So your saying i'm working for that other forum and somehow i'm making money from driving traffic over to that forum and it's owner? I have no idea who the owner is nor do I care, I was simply pointing out the major differences between this forum and other more welcoming ones. If I wanted to drive traffic to my YouTube channel then i'd join a YouTube forum precisely to do just that.

The problem is that you come into the forum all high and mighty, then your work dont live up to your arrogance. No I'm not getting personal but simply stating my observation. I'm the big advocate of mood and emotions over technical perfection. I shoot weddings for a living, I know when to brush aside technical perfection but your photos are filled with so many common technical flaws to a point where they look newbie and amateur. You can simply correct them by learning the fundamentals of photography and design or you can just continue with what you do and never improve. One of the many important qualities of a great artist is the ability to recognize what is good, what is bad, and why. From my observation so far, you lack that ability and are just full of excuses.

I've said this before and I will say it again, if you need help just open up and ask. Many experienced photographers on this forum will donate their time to help you.

How can a man who shoots wedding photos all the time know anything about Lamat style photography? Weddings are as vanilla as ice cream, not much to really bite on and it's all the same, no diversity. I don't care about advice. If I wanted advice I wouldn't come here, i'd look in the mirror and get myself together.

Go to your local workshops or classes. You will learn more, and you will realize the whole new experience in video and photography. You will gain respect as you will deserve.

How can a man who shoots wedding photos all the time know anything about Lamat style photography? Weddings are as vanilla as ice cream, not much to really bite on and it's all the same, no diversity. I don't care about advice. If I wanted advice I wouldn't come here, i'd look in the mirror and get myself together.
you shouldn't be here then. Or at least, you should keep to posting in non critique sections. You are in the wrong section. This has already been mentioned.

could you move all josh's threads to the "just for fun" section and limit him there. As he isn't looking for critique and it would avoid future conflicts derived in threads like this?

All right kid...look, I have defended you where is necessary by forum rules, but you seem pretty intent on ignoring the rules yourself. So here's the deal.... As a wedding and portrait photographer myself, I can tell you, with no bit of uncertainty, you know absolutely nothing about photography short of pushing a button. Your credentials to put forth any opinion whatsoever about photography here is zilch. Nada. Zero.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but perhaps you should stick to letting mom and dad support you and leave photography judging to those infinitely more qualified. IE: anyone else here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back