Question about printing photos?

ashleyc8705

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you guys send your digital photos off to have them printed, or do you have your own photo printer?

What companies do you send them off to and how much does it cost?

I'm looking for the best quality. On the cheap side would be nice, but I believe the quality is ut-most important.

Thanks!

I send my shots to a dedicated photography store for printing, which is probably the best bet for great quality. Search for some photography stores in good standing around your area, most of them will have printing services. I don't have a photo printer, but I think a good one will make your wallet significantly lighter... I'd rather get a lens.

Never used this, but maybe others have? http://www.adoramapix.com/?sid=1208326868835255

Has anyone heard of Mpix.com? There are several people on another forum who recommended that I try them. My mom has a Kodak photo printer so I wouldn't need to go purchase one for myself. But I think I would rather get it done professionally.

There is a reason photo printers are dirt cheap - the companies make a fortune off replenishables (the ink).

I have a Epson R300 (~$120 when new). Just spent over $50 to buy ink for it - wife likes to print flyers and such at home. I think I can buy a new color inkjet for $39.

It's CostCo.com for me - upload during the night - select in the morning - pickup in afternoon.

Mpix is highly reccomended on this forum as well. From what ive heard they're great. Never tried them myself, but your probably safe with them. And a good photo printer is expensive. I love the epson 2400, but that runs about 800 dollars. Unless you really need to have full customization and control over your printing its usually just better to get it done elsewhere. Although if you do decide to go the photoprinter route, look into bulk ink wells if you go with epson. More expensive at first but cheaper in the long run.

Thanks! Good to see that not everyone here has their head up their ass.

There've been a lot of these threads in recent weeks. Use the site's search, and you'll find a lot of info and opinions.

Most reactions

Back