Question for D700 users

I have owned the sigma lens and I sold it.
I had a good copy and it was still no where near as good as the Nikon.
I know some people will defend the sigma but there is a reason the Nikon 24-70 is so expensive, it is worth it!

I lost about $150 or more then I had to sell my 1 month old sigma to get the Nikon. The nikon is worth the investment for its AF speed and its tack sharp performance, and you don't have to hope for "a good one"

I plan to use it for events. I have been shooting a lot of kids birthday parties in function halls and stuff...so there's a lot of room for them to run around, and chasing them with a zoom wide angle is a must.

Not just no, but hell no. A professional using a pro camera saddled down with a consumer lens.

Like Sw1tchFX said... Nikkor 24-70 is what you want.

I still laugh when I hear it, but it is so true... if you are pro and need the perfect range for the perfect set of lenses, you *SHOULD* be using the "Holy Trinity" of Nikkor lenses on your D700:

- Nikkor 14-24
- Nikkor 24-70
- Nikkor 70-200

Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny... you are a pro, aren't you? Why would you put a kit lens on a pro camera? ;)

I have owned the sigma lens and I sold it.
I had a good copy and it was still no where near as good as the Nikon.
I know some people will defend the sigma but there is a reason the Nikon 24-70 is so expensive, it is worth it!

Don't feel bad, you are now the 5th person that I know that is either a D3 or D700 user that dumped the Sigma. I exchanged lenses with someone for an hour and we shot. On the LCD it really did not look bad, even at over 100%... but on screen, OMG, it was **so** obvious. He lost over $250 to get rid of it fast too and he'd used it for less than 3 days and perhaps 1500 pictures!

There are times to go to Sigma or other 3rd party lens companies... but 101% not in this case.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back