Quick Photoshoot

TheBackFire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok
the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures aren't editing troubles but the composition troubles

Pay attention to the composition, you cut her feets, hands, arms... angles of how you took the shots aren't pleasing for her...the first picture is the best in terms of the composition..

And, you'd get more responses if you put these in People section

In addition to the excellent points raised above, I'll backgrounds and lighting. ALWAYS be cognizant of what's behind your subject; in #4 there's concrete, a fence, something rather bright and colourful. There should never be anything in the background that draws the eye away from the subject. As well, watch the subject's eyes. In the last image, you have a bright sky in the background which pulls the viewer's eye away from the subject (bright objects attract) and she suffers from a bad case of "raccoon eyes". A little fill flash or reflector would have really helped here!

Consider using a reflector or a flash unit to provide fill light so your subject doesn't have raccoon eyes (dark eye sockets).
Light direction and light quality are 2 important factors to consider when making portrait type photos.
Light from to high an angle causes raccoon eye.

A side benefit of using supplemental lighting is the ability to make a photo that has a lighting ratio between your primary subject and the background.
When you watch movies shot in daylight, look for scenes where the actors cast 2 or more shadows - 1 from the sun and the other(s) from the supplemental lights the production company used for fill/lighting ratio.

Dark eye sockets are OK when you want a zombie, not sane, evil, etc, kind of look.
The bottom photo (no numbers), on my screen is the worst for raccoon eyes.

Thank you guys for all the input. I've not shot with digital for a while(as i feel my editing skills suck) so I just borrowed my friend here to do a quick shoot to finally try to fix it. I guess I was so worried about editing them well I wasn't thinking of composition at all. I'll be working with her again soon and will post up more when i do.

:) loved reading all the tips in here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back