Ramen

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like it love it hate it what do you add to it? I'm a fan of it straight (ok a little bit (okay a lot) of cayenne pepper MMMMMMMhmmmm).

this is another one of those exotic food stuffs that i've never heard of (like Spiffy's S'mores)

John clearly didn't go to college in America... ;)

It's okay, you're really not missing out. Microwaveable noodles aren't exactly on the list of 1000 things to do before you die..

oriental flavor is my favorite.

You really get to like them after 5 years chasing your bachelors degree... Cheap fast and not all that disgusting (compared to say burger king or mcdonalds.)

John clearly didn't go to college in America... ;)
Indeed, where else can you get a meal for $0.16? I still have a box of them in my kitchen for those days I have nothing to take to work for lunch.

Indeed, where else can you get a meal for $0.16? I still have a box of them in my kitchen for those days I have nothing to take to work for lunch.
$0.16?!
you're being ripped off. anything over $0.11 is overpriced....

I like the beef ones. I just eat them regular, sometimes I add an extra beef bouillon cube.

A friend of mine used to always drain the water and melt a slice of cheese on top of it. (If you haven't tried that, it's OK - not my favorite, but not too bad either.)

Last edited:
I always drained most of the water before adding the seasoning packet... I like the noodles, not soup. But to each his own.

I wish I would've thought of the cheese thing while I was at school...

Lived on that stuff before I had a real job (might need to again with 3 kids).

Nissin chicken or oriental with the water drained and then add shredded cheese and egg. Can't beat it!

Wish I had this when I was in college:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/101-Things-Do-Ramen-Noodles/dp/1586857355/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222835537&sr=1-1[/ame]

I'm a water drainer. That said, I can't stand the stuff most of the time. We were rather poor growing up, so sometimes we had that for dinner several days in a row. Kinda sucked.

Once in a great while I'll crave it, but rarely.

And there aren't many boxed/packaged dinners that I don't add stuff to. I rarely eat it straight.

I'm a water drainer. That said, I can't stand the stuff most of the time. We were rather poor growing up, so sometimes we had that for dinner several days in a row. Kinda sucked.

Once in a great while I'll crave it, but rarely.

And there aren't many boxed/packaged dinners that I don't add stuff to. I rarely eat it straight.

Yeah when you're poor you're supposed to mix it up a bit and have chicken noodle soup every once in a while (with a TON of crackers (I mean enough that there isn't any broth left))...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back