Randomatic 35mm film camera..Help!!

Nilakia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just recently I purchased a Randomatic film camera in pretty good condition. Only draw back is that I'm about 95% positive the shutter is jammed. I don't know a whole lot about this camera but I would like to and I would love to get it working again. So if anyone knows anything about this particular camera or where I could possibly find information about it. I would be extremely greatful.

I assume you mean "Rondomatic"... If the shutter is jammed, it's most definitely NOT in "pretty good" condition, and I would expect repairs to be cost-prohibitive. Check out eBay and similar 'sites. I'm sure you can find a replacement for a reasonable price.

Why do you think the shutter is jammed? With the back open and the shutter speed set to a slow value you should clearly see a flash of light when you press the shutter release button. If you see the light, the shutter is not jammed.

If there is no flash of light, it could be because there is no film in the camera - Voigtlander Vito B cameras need film as do Wirgin Exida cameras and many others, the film moving in the camera when the film is advanced cocks the shutter.

www.johns-old-cameras.blogspot.co.uk

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back