Rialto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofglasspipes.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nightjan19004.jpg

I was so glad it wasn't the blurry cat. I think the composition needs some work. I like that you got the sky blue and not black. Perfect time of evening to get a shot like this.

I gotta say though, this one isn't as good. i like the layers in the pine trees from dark to light, but it looks like you used the popup flash... it would have been cool if you were able to create an "R" or something for Rialto in the trees....thats cool that you got a shot of a half moon too, maybe you could have incorporated that into the "R"...

it's not blurry cat good... sorry...

Nothing will ever be as good as the blurry cat... but im trying...

I took this same shot with no flash, longer exposure... the one with the flash looked better because of the layering of the trees, (its actually 2 different trees, one about 15' away the other about 75')...

Wish I would have been able to wait 15 more minutes for the moon to be directly over the tree tops, but then i would have lost the dark blue sky....

I "get" where you're coming from. I myself have shot basically this same photo, with rising moon and an evergreen tree in the foreground, illuminated with flash, near twilight.
You are totally right about losing the light from the sky later in the day. The window for making this type of shot is fairly narrow.

As far as the title, "Return of Blurry Cat", I was disappointed not to see another blurry cat photo in this thread. I did not participate in that thread, but I have to say Rialto, the Blurry Cat threads earned you a real place in TPF 2010 legend and lore. Blurry Cat was one of the best and most-influential posts of January 2010, and made for some pretty interesting reading. I'm glad you're sticking around here at TPF.

I was so disappointed at this! It doesn't even come close to the 'S' Cat!
I do like this though, except that the pop-up flash is quite obvious... But I mean what's the big deal?

I "get" where you're coming from. I myself have shot basically this same photo, with rising moon and an evergreen tree in the foreground, illuminated with flash, near twilight.
You are totally right about losing the light from the sky later in the day. The window for making this type of shot is fairly narrow.

As far as the title, "Return of Blurry Cat", I was disappointed not to see another blurry cat photo in this thread. I did not participate in that thread, but I have to say Rialto, the Blurry Cat threads earned you a real place in TPF 2010 legend and lore. Blurry Cat was one of the best and most-influential posts of January 2010, and made for some pretty interesting reading. I'm glad you're sticking around here at TPF.

yes, that is why i nominated his picture for PoTM! I thought so as well... i seriously thought it was a joke at first but then someone actually pointed the "s" out to me and i thought to myself "wow, thats actually pretty neat!" in a technical sense the photo was bad but i thought it was really a creative shot that he was able to get the cat and the floor to line up like that.

Rialto, you could always do a composite shot (kinda like what they do for HDR)... it won't be a "real" picture so to say but if you want to play around in photoshop and stuff... you could get the treescape you want, and get the moon shot you want, and make a composite.... b/c like Derrel said, these types are hard to come by.

Nothing will ever be as good as the blurry cat... but im trying...

I took this same shot with no flash, longer exposure... the one with the flash looked better because of the layering of the trees, (its actually 2 different trees, one about 15' away the other about 75')...

Wish I would have been able to wait 15 more minutes for the moon to be directly over the tree tops, but then i would have lost the dark blue sky....

oh wow, see i thought it was the same tree... i would never have guessed these were two separate trees. do you have a tripod? I wonder if you could get a good focus with long exposure/no flash if you used a tripod? it might give a nice silouette of the trees and make the blue sky and the moon "pop" so to say...

Is it really some cat fur made into a tree?!

did i get it?

I have to say I am impressed, Rialto. I admire people who can laugh at themselves and see humor when things aren't going their way. The fact you hung around and are willing to reference and poke fun your cat picture says a lot about you. Hope you stay around and continue to bring fun to the forum.

I like the tree and moon picture, think you have a pretty cool shot and I also get what you were going for.

Most reactions

Back