Saturday Shoot

photogoddess said:
I tend to default to very even - boring or flat lighting unless I'm feeling motivated to really play around with it for something more dramatic.

Ooooo... but you're SO close already. REALLY, REALLY close! It looks like one of the stobes (the one on the left) is at a lower output, or just farther away from the subject. I see the catch light is smaller. Just move that strobe close to (or behind) the camera. Everything else remains the same.

BTW: Lighting doen't remove any specific amount of pounds. However, lighting can be used to keep attention off unwanted elements of the composition and put the emphasis on desired areas.

Go get 'em, Tammy!

-Pete

You're right - A little puzzling since I metered and one was at f8 and the other f8.2. Hardly a big difference on the meter but I'm definitely seeing that the catch light does appear to be smaller on the one side. Any idea why?

Pete, if you (or anyone else) has some "standard" lighting diagrams, I'd love to see them. I'm mostly self taught and in the 2 years that I was taking photography in high school, we only had 1 day of studio lighting.

photogoddess said:
...the catch light does appear to be smaller on the one side. Any idea why?

Larger light source? Do you have the same reflector (umbrella) on both lamps? If so, one must be closer in than the other.

I'll look for some diagrams.

-Pete

I'm thinking that they are the same bulbs. Same umbrellas for sure. Dang Pete, now you're going to make me bust them back out and check. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back