selective coloring

choudhrysaab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i finally figured out how to accomplish this (used to think a very difficult) task.

lets see what you guys have to say.

3818508311_0203499ed3.jpg

so you guys prefer this?

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
What is your technique?
I've been using this technique for a while now and I really like it because it can make a world of a difference in some exposures.

What is your technique?
I've been using this technique for a while now and I really like it because it can make a world of a difference in some exposures.
i was looking for some help so "thenikonguy" mentioned that there are video tutorials on YouTube so I went and saw the first one that came up.
it was pretty simple and straight forward.

open the picture in Photoshop.
right click on the fill/create layer mask and choose black and white.
simply set the main color to black and then select your brush.
hold down the brush over the area where you want the color to show.
if you make a mistake then change the color from black to white and go over the area with the brush where you made the mistake ... it will get converted to black/white.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

Yeah I've seen this one before. Same technique I use...it is very simple...does anyone know any more advanced selective colouring techniques?

Yeah I've seen this one before. Same technique I use...it is very simple...does anyone know any more advanced selective colouring techniques?
not sure but i'm pretty happy with this. its simple and it works. i wudn't wanna complicate things :lol:

Duplicate layer, Create a mask, make bottom layer b&w w/ choice method, select top lay, select>color rang> click color in photo and adjust settings.

glad you figured it out.. the lights kill it for me though.. grabbed my attention before the flower did.. you should be able to just clone them out..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back