Self And Spouse Business?

Perhaps you folks could offer some advice. As I said earlier my wife and I enjoy photography and have started trying to make a little money at it. By far not pros but we have been succesful in selling over the years in various venues and through word of mouth. We decided to try the webpage thing in order to reach a greater audience. So far we have had very little success getting any traffic. Most of the traffic we do get comes from links from our Pbase page and from people on this forum. not a whole lot of photographer's buying the work of other's. Any ideas on how to market or attract web traffic?

Thanks
Dave
www.heretotherephotography.com

HereToThere, you definitely need to start doing SEO for your site. We get a good portion of our business for people searching for us on Google. ie people type in Belleville IL Photographer and we're 2nd, and sometimes we're first. You may want to check out PPA magazine's upcoming February issue for a good article on SEO. OK, so I'm a little biased on whether the article is actually good =)

What about some of these SEO services I see online. I have seen one which guarantess 1000 visitors per month for 9.99. It seems a little fishy. They say they make it so that your website comes up along with certain other web publisher's sites, or something like that. Is this a real value or a waste of time?

Most of the legit SEO companies are closer to $500. I'm really not sure what they could provide for $9.99. Additionally, whether you get 1000 visitors a month would depend on what you optimized for. Also, having 1000 visitors a month is not nearly as valuable as having even 100 quality local leads.

Most reactions

Back