Selfportraits :S

virenko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are three portraits I made of myself recently....what do you think? I think its really hard to do and I cant figure out how to improve!
zp22.jpg

dkle.jpg

bew014.jpg

I like the last one. The expression is great, and it appears to look the most natural

I like the last one the best. Looks like it was taken next to a window.
The first one looks a bit out of a focus to me.
Dont really know what to say about the second.

They're fine. They could be great if you had 1) Better lighting, and 2) (don't take this the wrong way), better eye makeup. Seriously, though, eye makeup makes all the difference in the world unless you're specifically going for the natural look. Whenever I photograph women, I say "if you wear nothing else, wear good eye makeup"

I disagree with Max about your eyes. They look very pretty just how they are, I think the problem is that you didn't get enough light into them for them to really pop. I think the lighting in #3 is the closest to where you probably want to be, but it might have worked better if your face was turned more towards the light so your eyes could have been lit up better.

Personally, I like the second one the best. The shot is great, but your camera is a little less then perfect. The last one, the expression is cute, but I try to avoid those poses when you're trying to do something "professional" looking. But sometimes even I cant resist. I hope you can find the time to check out my photography at my deviant art (points to siggy) but heres some previews. :D

1.)
minolta_memories___6__by_tinfoil_hearts.jpg

2.)
minolta_memories___7__by_tinfoil_hearts.jpg

3.)
minolta_memories___3__by_tinfoil_hearts.jpg

....and these last ones are my most favorite of all time, from a photo shoot a couple weeks ago...

flower_fetish____I_by_tinfoil_hearts.jpg
flower_fetish____II_by_tinfoil_hearts.jpg
flower_fetish____III_by_tinfoil_hearts.jpg

... a link to my gallery is here, in case you have a dA or want to see the rest of my photography.

Goodbye and Good luck!! :]

Thanks! I find it hard to find the right lighting especially because Im not behind the camera but in front of it trying out.
About my eye-make-up, Im only wearing mascara, just a little bit though.
I will keep trying a lot!

the first picture could have been a really good shot.... try to replicate that in colour and with more light.... maybe try some different light sources and see whats best...

well done :)

Do these count?

1.)
Waitingsm.jpg

My life changed after this one.

2.)
040707-46.jpg

This was on my recent trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina

About the only couple I have. Comments suggestions? I know they're pretty much the same shot, but I'm not very creative.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back