Should I buy a new camera?

Tarsila Vieceli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, this is my first post here. I am a Brazilian med student and next week I'll be arriving at the UK for a master's degree. I plan on traveling through Europe and I was thinking about buying a Nikon Coolpix L830 - it seems perfect to me, but it works with AA batteries and I don't like it. I am new to photography, but I would like to have good pics about the time I spend in Europe.

What happens is: last week, a friend of mine gave me a Lumix FX10. He lost its charger, so I cannot take pictures with it until I buy it. It's a good camera, but it's quite old (released in 2007-2008)... is the Lumix FX10 a good camera or should I buy a new one? If I do, should I buy the Nikon L830? I don't wanna spend more than £150 in a good camera. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome! Either go DSLR or just stick to your camera phone.

Why do you say that?

I am also doing some research and I believe Canon Powershot SX510 HS is a good deal, as well as Sony WX350. I don't like my iphone camera and would like some nice photos, but I'm not willing to spend more than £150-250...

DSLR are cheap nowadays, you can get a used d3200 or something along those lines pretty cheap. And will be way better imo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back