Should I upgrade?

BrianLy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right now I have the Nikon D3000 and I see that Samy's is having a no tax sale on the Canon T1i for $700. I found a buyer for my current camera at $550, so is it worth the extra $150 to upgrade? My photographer friends said its not worth, I just want to get you guys $.02 on it.

Upgrade your graphic card first,since you use for gaming.If you are not low on cash,then go for both of it.

don't do it. first of all why would you "upgrade" to another entry level camera? and why would you switch to canon?. you could buy a nikon body only, keep your lens(es) and also buy a better lens while you're at it.

okayy, I guess I'll just buy a new lens.

Well, I see on your signature you dont have any other lenses. If you do want to go to the dark side (Canon :) ), this is the right time to do it :).

GO CANON!

Blasphemy!

Nikon is the dark side! ;)

Nikon doesn't stoop to using use those pimped out white lenses. :pimp:

All black (ok, an ocassional light gray) for Nikon. :boogie:

I agree that it is somewhat of a lateral move (maybe a 1/2 step up). Not sure what you want to spend, but I just bought my son the D90 with 70-300VR lens for $1,109 new at Adorama.

Get a lens with a red ring on it....then you'll be a professional ;)

Agree, no need for another entry level camera, go for the upgrade on lens.

DONT DO IT!!!! :x

Depending on what you shoot most of the time, you might be better off with an off camera flash rather than another lens.

i would recommended just buying a new lens...oh ya and switching to Canon. :)

B&H or Adorama has a D5000 kit in their used dept for under $550 right now. If you are going to upgrade...do that as it would cost you zero dollars (might even make money) and the D5000 would be a good upgrade from the D3000. I can't believe you are getting $550 out of a used D3000 kit. B&H has BRAND NEW D3000's w/ 18-55VR for $469 to your door. At the very least, sell your D3000 kit and buy a D3000 kit..make 80 bucks...though I'd feel somewhat dishonest doing that personally.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back