Should I upgrade?

I had made the choice on not to upgrade, I do want to get a D300 next summer when I prefect my skills.

As of right now, I do not know what lens to get. I am still trying to figure out what is the lens for me right now.

photography, in my opinion, can't be *perfected*. there's always something new to learn.

Good luck deciding on a lens!

I just upgraded from the D40 to the D300s and I love it! By no means have I perfected anything yet, but I figure I may as well learn on the camera I want!

photography, in my opinion, can't be *perfected*. there's always something new to learn.
I looked up the lens you want that Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX on B&H it says that AF is not supported for the D5000?

Probably because the D5000, from what I've read, is one of the Nikons where there is no focus motor in the body itself. The lens has to have one in it, or you can manual focus (One of the reasons I updgraded my D40, though it'll be awhile before I add more lenses!).

As of right now, I do not know what lens to get. I am still trying to figure out what is the lens for me right now.

Well, you have the 18-55 kit lens right now,
so I'd get the 55-200 VR lens. Plus I see it in
your wish list. :mrgreen: (that's what I ended up doing)

Well, you have the 18-55 kit lens right now,
so I'd get the 55-200 VR lens. Plus I see it in
your wish list. :mrgreen: (that's what I ended up doing)

But I was thinking last night, that I could have gotten it cheaper if I bought it with my DSLR, I really want the Nikon | AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED | 2161 but its kind of pricey at the same time.

Yeah, the 70-300 was out of my price range too.
I'm very happy with the 55-200 VR for the price.
Look around, you should be able to find one for
around $150.

DSC_4096.jpg

Was that picture taken with the 55-200?

I currently own a T1i and my pictures come out pretty decent. My friend has a D3000 and his pictures come out better because he has a speedlight - I suggest you use your money to buy one of those rather than upgrading. Unless you're a super, highly-paid, professional photographer, I doubt you'll need more than what the D3000 offers. That's a pretty good camera you have there.

Yea, I have decided not to upgrade till next year to a better a Nikon, I am currently searching for the right lens for me. At times I want a Wide Angle Lens, and then I want a Zoom, or I want a Macro. I am not trying to buy a all in one lens. I rather have the lens be for just one specific thing. If you know what I mean.

I am on a $500 budget, and I also want to buy the Sb600 also.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back