Sooooo, what about marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photographic Discussions
Post New Thread
A place to discuss what photography means to you: your influences, ethical challenges, abstract ideas, and other non-technical matters about photography and photographers.
Okay, let's not get carried away quoting the rules. The moderating team not only knows them well, but will make the determination if or when something has breached the rules and deal with it as we see ift.

I don't care what people put into themselves, as long as I don't have to pay for it or to rehab them.

What bugs me is when people turn pot, booze etc... into a lifestyle. Not in an abuse kind of way, more like wearing shirts with pot leaves on them, listening to reggae and so forth. Nobody cares.

Okay, let's not get carried away quoting the rules. The moderating team not only knows them well, but will make the determination if or when something has breached the rules and deal with it as we see ift.

tumblr_me9p4aK4dQ1qa7v4a.gif

PHOTOGRAPHY fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/

noun
1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on photography can be exchanged.
Fixed that for you.
you fixed it to suit your needs......and it's off-topic. As a supporting member and staff member, I would expect more from you. As stated above, please start a new thread that does not have anything to do with my topic.
No, I fixed it to reflect the mandate of TPF. If you want this topic to remain, the please direct it back to a photography-related discussion. The best way to do that is by substantiating your claim of being better able to "see" your environment when incapacitated.

Smoking might make you feel more creative, increase dopamine and 'merge' the barriers between senses thus making you appreciate more what you see or hear but the real queation is whether it will improve an individual's work - and that is yet to be seen.

MOAR PICTURES!

PHOTOGRAPHY fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/

noun
1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on photography can be exchanged.
Fixed that for you.
you fixed it to suit your needs......and it's off-topic. As a supporting member and staff member, I would expect more from you. As stated above, please start a new thread that does not have anything to do with my topic.
No, I fixed it to reflect the mandate of TPF. If you want this topic to remain, the please direct it back to a photography-related discussion. The best way to do that is by substantiating your claim of being better able to "see" your environment when incapacitated.
you're destroying the very idea of a forum, and I highly suggest you take a few steps back, take a few deep breaths, and remove yourself from being a staff member. This is just my off-topic opinion, no different than yours.

I certainly hope this offends nobody, but there is not quite more I enjoy doing than getting really high and heading out with my camera. I don't smoke pot to escape any sort of reality, but more to bring reality into better view, at least for myself. I think I'm able to "see" what's around me better and to be able to appreciate it for what it is and see more of a photograph in it, instead of walking by looking for the obvious, easy picture.
By no means am I a pot-head. I am a productive member of society that has responsibilities and handles them well; I just happen to enjoy, and appreciate, the effects of marijuana when a flame is taken to it and the smoke is inhaled into my lungs.....Anybody else?

Decades ago I read a study which was printed in Downbeat magazine, I think, and had to do with the positive effects of pot on creating jazz. When musicians were asked how pot affected their performances they usually extolled its ability to enhance their creativity and performance. However, when the same musicians listened to their colleagues perform, not knowing if they were high or not, they consistently rated the performances on pot less interesting, more derivative, repetitious and just plain sloppy when it came to execution. I think recreational marijuana is fine (and fun, if I remember correctly), and it may be interesting to take photos when high and then look at them straight, but I wouldn't bet on it enhancing photographic skill or vision.

So how long until this thread gets locked?

you're destroying the very idea of a forum, and I highly suggest you take a few steps back, take a few deep breaths, and remove yourself from being a staff member. This is just my off-topic opinion, no different than yours.
No, I'm enforcing the standards set by the owners of the forum. Since you've repeatedly asserted that your discussion is "Off topic" I've moved it to that forum. No further photographic discussion required. If you have any issues with my efforts as a moderator, you're welcome to bring them to the attention of the forum administrators.

I've moved it to that forum. No further photographic discussion required.

A forum still needs rules, or else there's chaos. I will not take part of chaos, as I have better things to do.

Might I suggest, @zeppelin390: there's a special forum designated for supporting members called the "Subscribers Forum". It's one benefit to being a supporting member. In that forum, aside from wearing top hats, monocles, and fine attire, you can pretty much discuss what you want... I'm assuming this topic could be discussed at length in there?

A forum still needs rules, or else there's chaos. I will not take part of chaos, as I have better things to do.

Might I suggest, @zeppelin390: there's a special forum designated for supporting members called the "Subscribers Forum". It's one benefit to being a supporting member. In that forum, aside from wearing top hats, monocles, and fine attire, you can pretty much discuss what you want... I'm assuming this topic could be discussed at length in there?
It certainly could, 'though I'm willing to leave it run its course here in 'Off topic' as long as things stay polite and no one throws an ashtray at the big mirror over the bar again.

Ok, well just for clarification not all of us wear top hats and monocles. I myself prefer to be the race car. It's more "me".

As for the pool on when this thread gets locked, we probably should use GMT, date and time to keep it fair and above board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back