Spreading the word...how do people find your business?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Alison, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Fruto

Fruto TPF Noob!

I am booking weddings LIKE CRAZY through Craigslist.com... and It's FREE!
    Also considered posting an add in the local tri county paper.. but not sure if that would be a good investment. It would get your name known through your community, though, and thats a plus.

2. Jason Alvares

Jason Alvares TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hell, I am going to mention only this that worked for me and my partner (my future wife) when we started our business. First thing for you to do is to find a SEO (search engine optimisation) company that to bring your website on the top when someone in your area types a certain word. For example, if they type wedding photographer you will be on the top. This will cost you some money, but it is a neccessity. The second thing we did was to make sure that the people was spreading word about us. The buzz marketing is very usefull in our business. From a friend to a friend, even to strangers in different forums and social medias. 3rd thing, uprade your portfolio regularly. What we did was to start competing in online contests without or with a minimal entry fee. We participate only in contests, where the theme is close or atleast related somehow to what we do. For example, there is a contest "Beautiful smile". If I were you, i would pick my best photo from a wedding, join the contest and at the end, to update my porfolio and my website with the positive feedbacks from the contest. This will make your current customers happy, gain you some recognition and it is a perfect way to advertise yourself.
    One more thing I would like to mention and suggest. During the weak months, when you are not so occupied, come up with some promotions.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2017
  3. JoeN

JoeN TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

Google ad is expensive , Keyword " product photography" min bid $10, I cant afford it.
    There are some free software to collect email addresses from google search keywords.
    My target is eyewear retailers, so I am using keywords " eyewear, sunglasses".
    I got positive result from this way.