Stratton PPOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't want input, you shouldn't have sent me the images. And then to turn around and slight what I did, because it was 'easy' seems pretty rude.

You asked if you could edit, that's ur call. I never asked for you to show me how to properly expose.

If you didn't want input, you shouldn't have sent me the images. And then to turn around and slight what I did, because it was 'easy' seems pretty rude.

You asked if you could edit, that's ur call. I never asked for you to show me how to properly expose.

a little gratitude for someone taking the time to give you a visual rendition of their critique of your photos would not kill you.

I totally agree Scott. I'm trying to find that nitch. A clean properly exposed shot isn't always the beat shot. Slow down add some motion to the tackle, find a light pocket in a golf course, on a penalty shot in hockey don't shoot the player n goalie, shoot the team that is going crazy.

I look for those b-roll shots.

Next time you should happen by chance to set yourself on fire and you're looking around for a kind soul to pee on you, I'll be busy.

ah come on man dont be like that. im not being rude in any way but honestly showing someone how to properly expose a picture isnt rocket science. learn to read a histogram and a light meter and you are all set. the creative part that i see is how to change those settings and make some art work. im not saying i know everything and yes i do have a lot to learn, however while im doing it im trying to find something different. if everyone here goes to a football game and shoots from the end zone (f2.8 1/1250) and there is a break away play and the runner is coming straight at us pointing towards us, all of our shots are going to look the same. yeah i know timing and angle and focal length will vary but overall - look for something different.

stay hungry and stay foolish - steve jobs

Um yeah it's not rocket science. I went for the looks as I first posted. It's a matter of moving a slider.

Rule #1 in any art form... learn how to accept critique gracefully. I suggest you take a step back and re-evaluate your approach here. It's not doing you any favors.

ah come on man dont be like that. im not being rude in any way but honestly showing someone how to properly expose a picture isnt rocket science. learn to read a histogram and a light meter and you are all set.

You're saying how easy it is, while demonstrating that you don't know how to do it. Or am I missing something?

Also, when you don't know as much as someone else, pretty much the last thing you should ever tell them is that they're critiquing you wrong. If you don't know what they know, then you don't know what they know.

hahah seriously dude wake up in life. i show my work, either people like it or they dont. i have gotten pretty far in a short amount of time. stop priding your self on what you know or what you spent on art school. you do your thing and ill do mine. ill do my work how i want and it will lead me somewhere as it has. maybe others go further, ok. im happy with what i have done and how i do it.

think of this, most people say they do 80% business and 20% photo

TO ALL: I NEVER ASKED FOR CC PLEASE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST, ALL I DID WAS SHARE MY WORK.

Great photos get you the business, doesn't matter how good you are at business if you aren't constantly producing great images. It takes more to create a great image than just pointing a camera in a different direction from everyone else, you still have to be able to produce the images everyone also has, and with those comes the content, correct exposure and being sharp.

You've always had a problem with anyone saying anything negatives about what you post, which is why some of your posts don't get anyone making comments, it usually takes one person to say something you don't like to set you off on the "it's a personal attack" I know what I'm doing and then you deflect questions, and start a personal attack on the people that make comments.

Transparent skin.

ah come on man dont be like that. im not being rude in any way but honestly showing someone how to properly expose a picture isnt rocket science. learn to read a histogram and a light meter and you are all set.

You're saying how easy it is, while demonstrating that you don't know how to do it. Or am I missing something?

Also, when you don't know as much as someone else, pretty much the last thing you should ever tell them is that they're critiquing you wrong. If you don't know what they know, then you don't know what they know.

"If you don't know what they know, then you don't know what they know"

Oh ya.. that's a T-Shirt slogan if I've ever seen one.. lol

hahah seriously dude wake up in life. i show my work, either people like it or they dont. i have gotten pretty far in a short amount of time. stop priding your self on what you know or what you spent on art school. you do your thing and ill do mine. ill do my work how i want and it will lead me somewhere as it has. maybe others go further, ok. im happy with what i have done and how i do it.

think of this, most people say they do 80% business and 20% photo

TO ALL: I NEVER ASKED FOR CC PLEASE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST, ALL I DID WAS SHARE MY WORK.

Brian, that may be part of the issue here, when you post stuff to TPF unless you specifically say that you don't want C&C, it's assumed that you do want C&C and that is at least in part why you posted it. As it is a lot of really good, knowledgeable people have tried to offer some input on how certain aspects might be improved. Even if you don't agree with their analysis or opinion you should at least admit that it was kind of them to take the time to offer it.

Brian, that may be part of the issue here, when you post stuff to TPF unless you specifically say that you don't want C&C, it's assumed that you do want C&C and that is at least in part why you posted it. As it is a lot of really good, knowledgeable people have tried to offer some input on how certain aspects might be improved. Even if you don't agree with their analysis or opinion you should at least admit that it was kind of them to take the time to offer it.

udj1.jpg

Wow.. this is an auspicious occasion, where we have been joined by the likes of Sparky the PhotoDog. Lol

udj1.jpg

That could be some of the worst photoshop work I have ever seen.

Great photos get you the business, doesn't matter how good you are at business if you aren't constantly producing great images. It takes more to create a great image than just pointing a camera in a different direction from everyone else, you still have to be able to produce the images everyone also has, and with those comes the content, correct exposure and being sharp.

You've always had a problem with anyone saying anything negatives about what you post, which is why some of your posts don't get anyone making comments, it usually takes one person to say something you don't like to set you off on the "it's a personal attack" I know what I'm doing and then you deflect questions, and start a personal attack on the people that make comments.

Transparent skin.

You are right and you are wrong. I dont mind criticism because it doesnt bother me. I dont get upset, there are too many trendy photographers here. I dont see a lot of art or variation. I do what I do and like I said it will take me to somewhere. I have turned down assignments because I work full time. I dont know many people who can do that.

If you dont like the subs at Subway then go to a deli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back