Stratton PPOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah come on man dont be like that. im not being rude in any way but honestly showing someone how to properly expose a picture isnt rocket science. learn to read a histogram and a light meter and you are all set.

You're saying how easy it is, while demonstrating that you don't know how to do it. Or am I missing something?

Also, when you don't know as much as someone else, pretty much the last thing you should ever tell them is that they're critiquing you wrong. If you don't know what they know, then you don't know what they know.

"If you don't know what they know, then you don't know what they know"

Oh ya.. that's a T-Shirt slogan if I've ever seen one.. lol

Dont ever comment on my work. I looked at your photostream; enough said. Please leave the thread.

You're saying how easy it is, while demonstrating that you don't know how to do it. Or am I missing something?

Also, when you don't know as much as someone else, pretty much the last thing you should ever tell them is that they're critiquing you wrong. If you don't know what they know, then you don't know what they know.

"If you don't know what they know, then you don't know what they know"

Oh ya.. that's a T-Shirt slogan if I've ever seen one.. lol

Dont ever comment on my work. I looked at your photostream; enough said. Please leave the thread.

Rotfl.. well, you might note I didn't comment on your "work", just pointed out that when you post here C&C is assumed. I gave no opinion on your "work" one way or the other, and certainly nothing that would warrant this childish response. As for which threads I do chose to comment on, well that really isn't up to you.

You have 30 days to shoot a pro sporting event and share the images. Start working on it now, Ill bet you can't follow through.

Your photoshop work of the dog is what Im referring to. Learn how to mask and select an object properly.

That could be some of the worst photoshop work I have ever seen.

TO ALL: I NEVER ASKED FOR CC PLEASE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST, ALL I DID WAS SHARE MY WORK.

Lol.. that's ok Lew. Sparky the Photodog liked it. Funny though, how on the one hand the OP keeps insisting that he doesn't mind criticism and then on the other hand starts flailing about with scathing ad hominem attacks on anyone that gives him any, and apparently even some of us that never gave him any critique in the first place? I just found that to be a little odd I supppose.

As I mentioned it always turns into a personal attack from 2.8, thick skin is something he hasn't acquired yet. You guys should leave his thread right away, it's his thread and only his thread, unless you want to say joy joy things about his "art form" Then you can stay.

Your point of sharing that is??????? Sorry Im lost.

Ah, sorry.
Much too sophisticated for a 33 yr old.
I was making the point that what you seem to want is unqualified positive regard and you can get that best from a dog - and with the same level of understanding of photography.

TO ALL: I NEVER ASKED FOR CC PLEASE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST, ALL I DID WAS SHARE MY WORK.

Lol.. that's ok Lew. Sparky the Photodog liked it. Funny though, how on the one hand the OP keeps insisting that he doesn't mind criticism and then on the other hand starts flailing about with scathing ad hominem attacks on anyone that gives him any, and apparently even some of us that never gave him any critique in the first place? I just found that to be a little odd I supppose.

I dont critize other peoples work with the intention that Im better.

As I mentioned it always turns into a personal attack from 2.8, thick skin is something he hasn't acquired yet. You guys should leave his thread right away, it's his thread and only his thread, unless you want to say joy joy things about his "art form" Then you can stay.

Of course but Scott dont comment on my work either. Looking at some of your work here is what I think,

You are wrong earlier about shooting a top drag fuel car. You have an image on your motorsports gallery. There is a pontiact with a parachuette blown out the back. First the image is cropped incorrectly. The aspect ration is off, this means poor composition on your part, the parachuette is cut off and the background sucks.

Lots of images in your motorsport section have the main logo cut off. One guys foot is cut off. Some have serious underexposing going on. Other cars that are moving are shot way too fast of a shutter. These are suppose to be " Portfolio Shots"

Some figure skating, the white balance is way off. Yes these are the new photos so you are using a dslr camera(id assume you werent using film). Dont you know how to set a custom WB?

So I decided let me try to buy one of your images. Its 15 canadian dollars which is 10 us dollars. Parents make more money selling high school photos with iphones.

But if we leave who's going to feed sparky? Lol

I have to admit I don't get the thought process, critique isn't always easy to hear but at least in my experience all of it I have ever recieved on TPF was always offered in the spirit of trying to help me improve.

As a result I always appreciated it, even when on occasion the poster may have been unaware of other reasons why certain things were shot or composed a certain way

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

I dont critize other peoples work with the intention that Im better.

Really? Hmm... wasn't it you that just posted a childish snarky comment about my "work" proclaiming that based on that I am unworthy to even comment on a thread you started?

I mean seriously, can you see the total hypocrisy here or is it just me?

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

if you dont like it please leave

Brian really needs approval, I mean really - and when he doesn't get it, he attacks those who criticize him.
That behavior shouldn't be a surprise to TPF people, we have others like that here.
The difference is that Brian isn't as good at it as he thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back