Studio B&W

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Studio on campus...some of them have some flaws that I wish I could go back and re-shoot, but I'm pleased with a couple of them. Models/Guinea pigs are my friends, Andy and Shiv.

andybw1.jpg

andybw2.jpg

andybw4.jpg

andybw5.jpg

shivbw4.jpg

shivbw3.jpg

shivbw5.jpg

shivbw1.jpg

I like all photos but the last i think is fantastic.

They're nice and I also agree with Legendy. What kind of camera was used?

Fuji S5200....basically a glorified point & shoot

I like the lighting and composition of 1 & 3. Has an Edward Norton look to him. I wonder what #1 would look like if you shot down on him a little more and he was looking up at you. Not much, just a slight angle change.

I like them all, but 1 and 8 are my faves. Very simple, which I like.

I have to say that I agree on it being a great series of B&W's.

I don't agree on the last one being most beautiful. I like the first one of the girl best of the series. She's got beautiful, lively eyes.

Thanks all so far :)

My biggest concern with these is the contrast, they seem very flat.
There's no white point to make them really pop.

Lighting wise, you did alright. (you have alot to learn, but you did alright) :)
I think the last is the best lighting, a nice soft shadow across the nose, very flattering for her, where as the lighting in number 5 seems less flattering, as the shadow is slightly harsher and it also emphasis under her eyes a little too much, but easily fixed with slight roration of the lights or subject (as you did in the last image).
I think the weakest image is number 4, it just seems lifeless.

Look forward to seeing more and how you improve :D

My biggest concern with these is the contrast, they seem very flat.
There's no white point to make them really pop.

Lighting wise, you did alright. (you have alot to learn, but you did alright) :)
I think the last is the best lighting, a nice soft shadow across the nose, very flattering for her, where as the lighting in number 5 seems less flattering, as the shadow is slightly harsher and it also emphasis under her eyes a little too much, but easily fixed with slight roration of the lights or subject (as you did in the last image).
I think the weakest image is number 4, it just seems lifeless.

Look forward to seeing more and how you improve :D

Thanks for your feedback. I do realize that I have to learn....the only shot I'm really 'happy' with, so to speak, is the last one, and I just wish we could get back into the studio to re-do these...but, since that isn't the case, I may be able to snag them for a more modest shoot later. Either way, the one thing I know I need to do is just take a minute to slow down and really look at hwere the light and shadows lie, as opposed to getting an approximation, snapping it, and then moving on to the next idea.

I like #3 & #8 the best. The last is just lovely!! Very nice! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back