tall landscape

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I was just experimenting with this one as it's a pretty bland photograph. As there was not much else of any interest in the frame I decided to try a really narrow crop. Has it worked? i think the sky looks nice but its a pity there is nothing more interesting in the foreground.

What do you all think?

tallsun1.jpg

:drool2: :drool2: :drool2:
This is great! I looove vertical panoramas like this.
Check out www.peterlik.com He takes a lot of photographs from where I come from. And he has some amazing vertical panoramas imo.

thanks

I checked out that guys website, his stuff looks good. I might have to check some of my older photos to see if a verticle type of crop would look good on them

This is ONE good idea to salvage photos that might otherwise appear plain and boring... might try this out on some of mine... creative cropping is something that ought to be done more often. And after the crop, mind, this photo is far from being "bland" or "uninteresting". So yes, in direct answer to your question: it HAS worked!

I love your composition John.. very nice photograph, what kind of filter did you use? nicely done :thumbsup:

i never actually used a filter on this one, although i did adjust the curves very slightly in photoshop, but that was all

Good job. Never be afraid to experiment, look what happened here. You took what you considered to be a bland photo and converted it into something everyone loves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back