Tanya

markc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markcarpenter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's some of the pics from the shoot I mentioned. I met Tanya through One Model Place. She agreed to trade time for prints, which is something I feel really lucky about, as she was really easy going and knew what she was doing. I'm really glad I got to shoot Jade as a friend first, having three days under low-pressure. I only had a few hours with Tanya so there wasn't as much "give". Each time I do this it gets easier, so I'm guessing next time will go even smoother.

Anyway, here are the ones I've gotten ready so far.

Tanya_1899.sized.jpg

Tanya_1924.sized.jpg

Tanya_1986.sized.jpg

Tanya_2001.sized.jpg

The gallery is here. I'll be adding more later as I get to them.

mark, what is that soft black border around your pics? i love it!!

md

I got it from a demo of a border software package, I think. The software is long gone, but I just pasted the border into a transparent layer that I saved. To use it, I just resize and then copy/paste. It's supposed to be similar to the edge of a negative. I'm not trying to fool anyone with it, it's just that the sharp edged borders don't usually work well with my style.

Thanks, guys.

great shots very beautiful!! and she is just amazingly beautiful
i like the 3rd the best they way her hair is blowing in the breeze
i bet it was stuff getting some good shots with all that angel hair blowing around

i'm on one model place too just haven't gotten time to get together with anyone yet.

Sweet shots you have here Mark. I really like your portrait work. For me, your 3rd and 4th ones make a really strong statement, but I also like the other two. The bokeh on the trees make a great background. The second is a tad overexposured especially against her white shirt but it's still a good shot.

Her poses are also great. It really does seem like she knows what she's doing. It's nice to take pictures of people who are comfortable in front of the camera and knows what you want. Did you have to coach her much?

Neat work Mark; I like the 2nd and 3rd.

You should seriously think of getting commercial (if you haven't thought of it yet)!!

That third one is exceptional. very professional!

mark, what is that soft black border around your pics? i love it!!

md

damn, md is really losing it. mark, the model is a hottie :) great work, shot 3 is fab matie :) all are great! it could be me, but shot 2 looks like it might have a bit of distortion on the legs.. is this the 50mm you shot with?

Thanks, everyone!

vonnagy said:
it could be me, but shot 2 looks like it might have a bit of distortion on the legs.. is this the 50mm you shot with?
I know. It's a 50mm on the 10D, so it's about 80mm. Weird, huh? That one does bother me. I'm not enthused about it overall, but I wanted to get some variety up. Hopefully I can work on more of them this week.

So this is who I lost out to?

I might as well not have even bothered entering!!!!

lovely shots despite her stealing my fiance

Most reactions

New Topics

Back