The Artist. (feedback is more than welcome! Please and thank you!)

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_2510.jpg

I forgot to put some things I already noticed is that the fact is she is out of focus in the shot I probably should have used a tripod for a more clearer image

In addition to the focus, a couple of thoughts: (1) It looks like you tried to use the light table as the sole source of illumination which has resulted in badly blown areas. Ideally the ambient exposure should have been reduced by at least a couple of stops and strobes used to fill in. As well, watch the placement of things; the film reel is perfectly placed to obscure her hand and the loupe, so at first glance, it's not immediately clear what she's doing.

That said, it's a sound concept and well worth reshooting with a little refinement.

In addition to the focus, a couple of thoughts: (1) It looks like you tried to use the light table as the sole source of illumination which has resulted in badly blown areas. Ideally the ambient exposure should have been reduced by at least a couple of stops and strobes used to fill in. As well, watch the placement of things; the film reel is perfectly placed to obscure her hand and the loupe, so at first glance, it's not immediately clear what she's doing.

That said, it's a sound concept and well worth reshooting with a little refinement.
Thank you! I agree entirely im definitely seeing what you pointed out ill come back to this shot at a later date.

A little bit of light on your model would help separate her from the background. You might consider adjusting your settings to decrease the intensity of the light from the light table. Just a bit. Also, a little more connection with the model.

I would like to see the mechanical thing with the concentric circles removed so as to better see what she doing with her hands and I think the simplicity of the table with out it would make the image much more successful.

The focus is actually quite good: see the eyelashes and the film sprockets, which are both easily seen and recongnizable, which indicates in-focus. But, unfortunately, the camera is moving and the shutter speed is too slow, and you have blurring due to too slow a camera shutter speed and bad camera support. Compositionlally, the shot is pretty leaning far-right in terms of balance. But hey, iut's a nice scene: a girl at the light table, examining developed fgilm, withg a dweveloiping reel in the shot! QUE BUENA IDEA! Or, as Tirediron writes above, "It's a sound concept and well worth reshooting with a little refinement." Agreed! Get a better camera placement, keep the camera rock-steady, and you'll have a nice shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back