The Coffee House

Pourquoi?

Just going to stop by for some wine, tri-tip and coffee...

You're on!

Not to interfere with your plans ... But ... I am more than happy to be a tour guide should you have an opening. If you miss some home cooking ... hit me up. (Wine and coffee included.)

PS- We're about 20 or so minutes away from D-Land.

Not to interfere with your plans ... But ... I am more than happy to be a tour guide should you have an opening. If you miss some home cooking ... hit me up. (Wine and coffee included.)

PS- We're about 20 or so minutes away from D-Land.
Shoot, that's a no-brainer.... Got to stop buy Gary A.'s house for some meatballs, tritip, wine, and a darkroom lesson.

That's a very nice offer Gary, and much appreciated! If we had more time and wouldn't have the teenagers in tow, I would definitely try to plan something. But.. this trip we're staying 3 blocks from the park and not planning on even renting a car for the short time we're there.

Any recommendations on where to eat in the parks and/or Downtown Disney area?
Breakfast - Plaza Inn
Lunch - Rainforest Cafe or Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria
Dinner - Ariel's Grotto or Blue Bayou Restaurant

I prefer the dining at Disney World over Disney land as their is a much wider variety, but that would make a long drive for you eat at Disney World in Orlando.

Mary Lou, Cook and Gary are back. We got a three walk into The Cook. Meet a very nice fellow on the way, who was shooting an A6000. Inspected some fallen palm trees. (They were Black Palms, which are pricey.) Emptied out some rain barrels, got the drainage hose draining and now enjoying a quesadilla in the patio with my second cup of Joe.

Breakfast - Plaza Inn
Lunch - Rainforest Cafe or Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria
Dinner - Ariel's Grotto or Blue Bayou Restaurant

I prefer the dining at Disney World over Disney land as their is a much wider variety, but that would make a long drive for you eat at Disney World in Orlando.
Yeah, Blue Bayou, thats the one I couldn't remember the name.

Thanks Grif!!!!!! :icon_jokercolor:

Good job Grif.

I will explain it to you two as I did to derrel, it's gryph, not grif. I'm not working on a movie set for a director with a lisp.

This is where I came up with the "grif" handle...Duly noted, there's a Y in there!!!!

Well, I did it. I sold all my gear (not my film stuff) and I still have a store credit. Did way better than B & H, Adorama, or KEH, like 500.00 better. I still have to buy a couple more lens but I am thrilled to not have to shell out any cash today. I got a new Fujifilm X-T2, 18-50mm f/2.8-4 kit lens, 60mm f/2.4 macro (not the Zeiss), battery grip, extra batteries, couple of fast cards, and some rolls of Ektar. I am going to use the remaining credit on a 50-140mm f/2.8, 100-400mm, and a 1.4TC. I want to thank @Gary A. big time for guiding me through this whole thing, really feel like I am on the right path now. Batteries charging..... oh my.

I will explain it to you two as I did to derrel, it's gryph, not grif. I'm not working on a movie set for a director with a lisp.
Good grief! Sorry for the gaff, Gryph!

Well, I did it. I sold all my gear (not my film stuff) and I still have a store credit. Did way better than B & H, Adorama, or KEH, like 500.00 better. I still have to buy a couple more lens but I am thrilled to not have to shell out any cash today. I got a new Fujifilm X-T2, 18-50mm f/2.8-4 kit lens, 60mm f/2.4 macro (not the Zeiss), battery grip, extra batteries, couple of fast cards, and some rolls of Ektar. I am going to use the remaining credit on a 50-140mm f/2.8, 100-400mm, and a 1.4TC. I want to thank @Gary A. big time for guiding me through this whole thing, really feel like I am on the right path now. Batteries charging..... oh my.

Hooooooo, boyyyy! NEW CAMERA setup! Not much better than that! I think it makes sense to go with the 60mm as the macro lens, instad of the 50mm, since at Min Focus, there's some focal length lost, and it's just better to have the narrower angle of view BEHIND the subject that the longer lens creates. Plus, at Infinity to 10 feet, the 60mm length is just, well, more-selective than the 50mm length. In the Leica-type-era, the difference between a 75mm and a 90mm e-View was always a big deal. And the 18-50 and then the 50-140 makes for a good pair of zooms.

Looking forward to seeing how well this X-T2 shoots for you. Your early days with the Fuji have already yielded some good stuff.

Gary and Mary Lou braved some light rain/sprinkles and worked in the yard. We just puddled around pulling up some giant succulents and a ton of Nasturtians. In the afternoon, the Sun broke through the clouds and created a glorious afternoon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back