The Coffee House

I am at the hospital, waiting for Mary Lou to get out of surgery. Next to me is this big fat guy snoring away ...I find it very rude. I can't move because I next to the only plug in the waiting room.
Now, I don't know the situation, and not to be all whompy, but I try not to judge people--especially in the waiting rooms of hospitals. You never know how long he has been there and why he is there. What if he's waiting for a loved one just as you are? What if he was up all night worrying, and he finally got some shuteye?

Sorry, I'll be quiet now. :smile:
Man, you are far kinder than I. This is not the emergency room, this is scheduled hospital out-patient type place. I just have this strong desire to live a nice, peaceful and perfect life and he was the road bump from hell. It is a large and nearly empty waiting room and he moves from a farther away chair to a chair much closer to me, stretches his legs into the aisle, flops his fat bald head back, his lower jaw drops and he starts gurgling these low and loud toilet flushing sounds. I need to stop expecting a perfect life.

No plug is worth that. Unplug and move somewhere less gross.

Man, you are far kinder than I. This is not the emergency room, this is scheduled hospital out-patient type place. I just have this strong desire to live a nice, peaceful and perfect life and he was the road bump from hell. It is a large and nearly empty waiting room and he moves from a farther away chair to a chair much closer to me, stretches his legs into the aisle, flops his fat bald head back, his lower jaw drops and he starts gurgling these low and loud toilet flushing sounds. I need to stop expecting a perfect life.

Glad to hear it was an outpatient facility and hope all goes well.

I try to keep a positive outlook. Everyone is battling something. Some people have deep inner struggles that never get conveyed to the outside world.

I try to put it into perspective:

Your battle: annoying sounds coming from someone heavier than you are. That is a road bump from hell? Not likely. :smile:

What about his battle? Unknown. But, don’t forget, his battle could be people making fun of his weight and/or looks.

Everyone has quirky features that can be easily mocked. We all just hope that people are kind enough not to point them out.

...Everyone has quirky features that can be easily mocked. We all just hope that people are kind enough not to point them out.
There's no excuse for rude behaviour in public.
Understood, but there's also no excuse to personally attack him.

...Everyone has quirky features that can be easily mocked. We all just hope that people are kind enough not to point them out.
Don't think of it as an attack, think of it as correcting a socially inappropriate action!
It's an attack, because @Gary A. never said he actually addressed the issue with the man. Nicely asking the man to be quieter would have helped correct the issue. If he didn't correct the issue, then I can understand the anger.

However, sitting there stewing in anger, "killing someone mentally", over something that could be easily remedied by reaching out to someone is silly.

Don't think of it as an attack, think of it as correcting a socially inappropriate action!
It's an attack, because @Gary A. never said he actually addressed the issue with the man. Nicely asking the man to be quieter would have helped correct the issue. If he didn't correct the issue, then I can understand the anger.

However, sitting there stewing in anger, "killing someone mentally", over something that could be easily remedied by reaching out to someone is silly.

I do get what you're saying, but in this instance, actually addressing the man at all would also have meant waking him up, and I find it to Gary's credit that he didn't do that. He let the guy sleep even though it was getting on his last nerves. I think Gary was just venting to us, his Hoser buds, to release some frustration.

I do get what you're saying, but in this instance, actually addressing the man at all would also have meant waking him up, and I find it to Gary's credit that he didn't do that. He let the guy sleep even though it was getting on his last nerves. I think Gary was just venting to us, his Hoser buds, to release some frustration.
Understood. I know it was just a vent of frustration, and I don't think Gary is a bad person or anything.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Normally I just ignore stuff that bothers me. Maybe I'm coming down with something. :dispirited:

Understood. I know it was just a vent of frustration, and I don't think Gary is a bad person or anything.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Normally I just ignore stuff that bothers me. Maybe I'm coming down with something. :dispirited:

Sounds kinda like a bad case of human decency.
Go eat one of the burritos down in the TPF Cafe, they'll knock any of that compassion nonsense right out of you! :cool:

Sheesh, go away for an hour and this thread turns into Fight Club or something...

I try to keep a positive outlook. Everyone is battling something. Some people have deep inner struggles that never get conveyed to the outside world.......
I . Don't. Care. Get your fat snoring ass away from me. That's what shrinks are for.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Most reactions

Back