The Coffee House

If the gas company over-pressurized and blew up Gary's house ... I think he would have "Call Attorney" pretty high on his post House-Blew-Up list.

My comment wasn't a negative, from initial reports I read, something failed twice, the pressure was high and the warning signals at the control panel were not caught. It was a given that lawsuits would be filed, just a question as to how many days. In the gas companies defense they did already contribute 10 million to a relief fund. Sadly when the ambulance chasers start frothing at the mouth, the claims mount up and the company files bankruptcy. When that happens, a new company will buy up the assets for pennies on the dollar (without claim liability) and business will continue as before, while the people who deserve compensation will be SOL.

Better than 6 hours today. One minute under 17 hours for the week so far.
Check is ready. Once I get the money I have to go to Livingston to pay the finance company. Then send off 20 to 40 dollars as part payment on two watches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If the gas company over-pressurized and blew up Gary's house ... I think he would have "Call Attorney" pretty high on his post House-Blew-Up list.

My comment wasn't a negative, from initial reports I read, something failed twice, the pressure was high and the warning signals at the control panel were not caught. It was a given that lawsuits would be filed, just a question as to how many days. In the gas companies defense they did already contribute 10 million to a relief fund. Sadly when the ambulance chasers start frothing at the mouth, the claims mount up and the company files bankruptcy. When that happens, a new company will buy up the assets for pennies on the dollar (without claim liability) and business will continue as before, while the people who deserve compensation will be SOL.
The ambulance chasers, while having an ability to claim huge amounts of money, do not dictate or decide how much is reasonable and customary. That is decided upon by the judge and jury. Maybe, a company which killed one person and literally blew-up dozens of homes possibly due to an apparent negligence on their part (gas line over-pressurized by 12 fold) ... should no longer operate a public utility. Any sale will have judicial oversight, which includes the claims/compensation for those harmed by any gas company negligence.

Any sale will have judicial oversight, which includes the claims/compensation for those harmed by any gas company negligence.

Oldest son works for one of the largest Bankruptcy courts in the nation. He sees it happen all the time. If they file Chapter 11 it puts a stay on collection of claims, and prevents further suits from being filed with out the court's approval. It they file Chapter 7, the company is liquidated and the money goes first to the Trustee for fees, then to the secured creditors, then the unsecured. By the time it gets there it's pretty diluted, and once their lawyers get a piece the claimants get squat. I've been there done that on collecting against companies in bankruptcy, finally got to the point that it was cheaper to write off the debt then try to collect.

Man, all day I've been dying from the heat. Thought I was going through some weird old man hot flashes, till I saw the weather a little bit ago. For some strange reason the temperature topped 100 today, and it's still hot. 94 at almost 6 pm. I'm melting!!!!!!

Are you SURE you aren't somewhere in Texas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Was a hot miserable day here too at 95. It did rain this morning for a quick shower which all that does is pump up the humidity. I hope it doesn't rain this weekend. There is a small balloon festival nearby.

@CherylL crazy weather. Calling for 51 by Friday.

Acadia, Maine is in the 60's day/50's night. Some rain due tomorrow then lower temps.
Leaves are turning.

That sounds heavenly to me! And actually, just checked my local forcast (NYC area) and it looks like we're getting essentially the same in a couple of days. Still low-70s day/low-60s night until Saturday, and then temps will drop. So will humidity. It's going to be glorious!

Got my suede boots and my sweaters all ready to go!

Looks like Sat will be 73 and dry. Poor Snickers is having 5 teeth extracted today.

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. 64F presently, with a nice Marine Layer tossing a blanket of light gray across the sky. It may break 80F today. The Bowl tonight, the last of our Jazz series. Latin Jazz, if Gary remembers correctly. Yesterday, another shipment of vino arrived from Firestone. Firestone isn't the best winery, but membership at one winery, provides free tastings and discounts at the other four or five wineries with the same owner. Yesterday Gary finished 95% of the trenching ... fini ... filled in. The stub up to the hot tup is still open, but the rest is completed. Gary will miss breaking his back and sweating like a pig.

Most reactions

Back