The Coffee House

5.48 hours today and for the week so far 28.28. My commute is all of 10 minutes.
Hardly ever anything to slow me except a train. One of our dogs gets chicken or tuna juice or something else special or he won't eat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Good result at Jessops today, as trading in my X-T20 and both XC lenses, plus X-T2 and power booster grip, and walking out with a new X-T3 + XF 50mm f2 and some money over :) So one camera and some great glass.

Cool. Looking forward to your reviews of how it compares to the Xt2.

Once I do have the X-T3 I will let you know, I have heard and seen that the AF is a lot quicker, plus as I just want only Primes I might get rid of the XF 18-55mm but still thinking about that.

Sorry thought walking out with a new xt3 meant you had it already.

Good result at Jessops today, as trading in my X-T20 and both XC lenses, plus X-T2 and power booster grip, and walking out with a new X-T3 + XF 50mm f2 and some money over :) So one camera and some great glass.

Cool. Looking forward to your reviews of how it compares to the Xt2.

Once I do have the X-T3 I will let you know, I have heard and seen that the AF is a lot quicker, plus as I just want only Primes I might get rid of the XF 18-55mm but still thinking about that.

Sorry thought walking out with a new xt3 meant you had it already.

I only had the X-T2 with me today, I hope to of switched to the X-T3 in a couple of weeks as Jessops don`t have them in yet.

I'm considering getting rid of all my digital and just go with film. I don't think there is anything I can't do with film that I can do with digital. I know film is dead, just not for me.

I'm considering getting rid of all my digital and just go with film. I don't think there is anything I can't do with film that I can do with digital. I know film is dead, just not for me.

I'm not sure I'd dump my digital. But I have seriously considered medium or large format film

Commute in today was horrendous.

At least it's Friday!

tenor.gif

Sorry to hear that. Fridays are made for working remotely! My commute was also tough...tripped over the dog on the way from the kitchen to my desk.

I nearly tripped on Mrs.Parker this morning! Poor thing caught a piece of my foot, too. Unfortunately, I then had to get into a car to hurdle myself down a highway towards work. No working remotely for me.

However, I came in late and will leave early. Hosers, I am drained. Yesterday morning I was at an urgent care center to get checked out for an infection that developed nearly overnight. Nothing serious, but enough to cause my body to send all resources to fighting it. As a result, resources heretofore deployed to keeping the headache at bay or preventing the mysterious ache in my right elbow were redirected, leaving my head and elbow vulnerable to attack. So now they both hurt too.

And so, I am here for the few meetings I have to be at, and then I am leaving for some rest and recovery, some dinner with Buzz, and then some Netflix binge-watching with the kitties. (My current obsession is Agents of SHEILD.)

Commute in today was horrendous.

At least it's Friday!

tenor.gif

Sorry to hear that. Fridays are made for working remotely! My commute was also tough...tripped over the dog on the way from the kitchen to my desk.

I nearly tripped on Mrs.Parker this morning! Poor thing caught a piece of my foot, too. Unfortunately, I then had to get into a car to hurdle myself down a highway towards work. No working remotely for me.

However, I came in late and will leave early. Hosers, I am drained. Yesterday morning I was at an urgent care center to get checked out for an infection that developed nearly overnight. Nothing serious, but enough to cause my body to send all resources to fighting it. As a result, resources heretofore deployed to keeping the headache at bay or preventing the mysterious ache in my right elbow were redirected, leaving my head and elbow vulnerable to attack. So now they both hurt too.

And so, I am here for the few meetings I have to be at, and then I am leaving for some rest and recovery, some dinner with Buzz, and then some Netflix binge-watching with the kitties. (My current obsession is Agents of SHEILD.)

I swear my cat try's to trip me all the time. She runs in front of me and makes me hesitate all the time. One of these days she's gonna get stepped on. Hope you fell better

5C278EBE-73D9-43C3-97ED-CCD62546CF5E.jpeg

Pan Fried Salmon

0D42FDD2-4990-451F-A443-A1675AA368F3.jpeg

The picnic

0AFFFEB6-E9FD-430F-A6F1-AFAA2D9F4C70.jpeg

iPhone

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Yesterday Bowl night, the last of the Jazz Series. Clayton Hamilton Jazz Orchestra and Wynton Marsalis. We've never heard of Clayton Hamilton, but they were very very good. This big brass sounds blasting out across the Hollywood Hills. But the star of the show was, of course, Wynton Marsalis.

I'm not sure I'd dump my digital. But I have seriously considered medium or large format film
I do have some interest in the new Fuji medium format that is coming out. Thats kind of what I was thinking, sell all my Fujifilm gear for the GX50R and a lens. It's should be announced next week. Everything else film.

Marsalis orchestrated an animal theme performance along with three extremely talented dancers. He started with The Chicken, the band played chicken noises and transformed it all in a musical experience. Then a dancer struts on stage ... followed by another and another, soon it appeared to be a flock ... next frogs, elephants, lions, penguins et al ... wonderfully matching and crafting the sounds of the instruments into the sounds of the animals and then a transformation into music. Extraordinary show, the dancers, the music, the weather ... simply perfection.

Last edited:
I do have some interest in the new Fuji medium format that is coming out.

Have no interest in spending $$$$$ for a medium format digital, but there are some fantastic deals on film cameras.

I do have some interest in the new Fuji medium format that is coming out. Thats kind of what I was thinking, sell all my Fujifilm gear for the GX50R and a lens. It's should be announced next week. Everything else film.
Don't you already have a Fuji medium format camera? :cool-48:

Hope you feel better, @limr! A Netflix binge sounds amazing.

The in-laws are coming tonight, and the father-in-law is looking to buy a car tomorrow (he thinks he'll get a better price by us rather than in Brooklyn). So, I have been assigned the one to drive him around and likely do some of the negotiating for him. I hate buying cars, and I know I'm probably not going to appreciate buying one with him. He's very nice, but sometimes he can get hung up on the smallest of details. It's going to be interesting.

When I buy a car, I do all the negotiating up front for everyone before it starts. Surprising that it's actually worked for me twice, LOL. "The car is listed at $20K. You'll ask for my offer, I"ll say something ridiculous like $15 because I have to start low and you start high, then you'll go talk to your manager and come down to $19.5. I'll offer $16, and you'll talk to your manager and come down to $18.5. I'll give you one final offer of $17.5, and you'll come back with $18 after talking with your manager. We'll agree on $18. Can we just go with $18 now and call it a day without all of the back and forth?"

Unfortunately, I then had to get into a car to hurdle myself down a highway towards work.
That's exactly what it is. Hurdling down a highway.

When I lived outside Philly, I never had to get on a highway unless we were going out of town. Now, I have to drive one daily. Between the other drivers and tractor trailers, it's going to be the death of me.

Don't you already have a Fuji medium format camera? :cool-48:

Actually, 2. GA645Zi and the GX680 beast on loan. I can never figure out what lens I want to use with the Fuji Digital.

Hope you feel better, @limr! A Netflix binge sounds amazing.

The in-laws are coming tonight, and the father-in-law is looking to buy a car tomorrow (he thinks he'll get a better price by us rather than in Brooklyn). So, I have been assigned the one to drive him around and likely do some of the negotiating for him. I hate buying cars, and I know I'm probably not going to appreciate buying one with him. He's very nice, but sometimes he can get hung up on the smallest of details. It's going to be interesting.

When I buy a car, I do all the negotiating up front for everyone before it starts. Surprising that it's actually worked for me twice, LOL. "The car is listed at $20K. You'll ask for my offer, I"ll say something ridiculous like $15 because I have to start low and you start high, then you'll go talk to your manager and come down to $19.5. I'll offer $16, and you'll talk to your manager and come down to $18.5. I'll give you one final offer of $17.5, and you'll come back with $18 after talking with your manager. We'll agree on $18. Can we just go with $18 now and call it a day without all of the back and forth?"

Unfortunately, I then had to get into a car to hurdle myself down a highway towards work.
That's exactly what it is. Hurdling down a highway.

When I lived outside Philly, I never had to get on a highway unless we were going out of town. Now, I have to drive one daily. Between the other drivers and tractor trailers, it's going to be the death of me.

I just hit 60K on my truck for the year. Drove to Jackson the other night, 28 cars passed me in the left lane, 21 were looking at their phones going 80 MPH

Most reactions

Back