The Coffee House

Afternoon, hosers.

Did my readings this morning. My favorite error was from a girl who valiantly tried to spell "ostracize." Anyone want to take any guesses how she spelled it?

Gosh, the possibilities are endless! Ostrichize, Austerize, ahstirsize...

Oooh, you came really close with your first guess!

Ostrichsise. In the sentence: "People should be admired for their differences not judged, ridiculed and ostrichsised.

Ironically, if a person actually WERE ostrichsised, I suspect one almost couldn't HELP but judge and ridicule them. They'd just look so DARN goofy, with that long neck and those big, dreamy eyes. Not to mention the tailfeathers! :biglaugh:

Ironically, if a person actually WERE ostrichsised, I suspect one almost couldn't HELP but judge and ridicule them. They'd just look so DARN goofy, with that long neck and those big, dreamy eyes. Not to mention the tailfeathers! :biglaugh:

56853588.jpg

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. Busy morning already. My coffee is cold, but still good. It's been hot and humid out here. Over 50%, which isn't high but I haven't really acclimated. Busy week culminating with American Cancer Society's Relay for life. I ended up grilling chicken for 400 of my closest friends. I haven't had time to process any images from the weekend so I'm posting a few images from past Relays.

_DSF4374.jpg

_DSF0061.jpg

_DSF4180.jpg

P6230059.jpg

This was a watermelon eating contest. The young man pictured is wearing a hat because he lost his hair to chemo.

GRA20030.jpg

Mom's luminarie

GRA20083.jpg

Afternoon, hosers.

Did my readings this morning. My favorite error was from a girl who valiantly tried to spell "ostracize." Anyone want to take any guesses how she spelled it?
When did dictionaries become unavailable?

Afternoon, hosers.

When did dictionaries become unavailable?

It was a timed placement exam. I think they are allowed to use dictionaries but no one ever asks for one.

I've already blathered on about my incredibly long, busy whirlwind of a weekend. In fact, I'd say I was only at home for about two hours from Friday morning when I left for work until THIS morning when left for work (and an hour of that was this morning), other than sleeping time, which I had precious little of.

However, that short period of time at home yielded two absolutely wonderful bright spots to my whole month!
On Sunday afternoon, I suddenly remembered I'd had a package that was supposed to be delivered on FRIDAY. It hadn't been on my doorstep, so I'd forgotten to check the porch on the other side of the house. Sure enough, the package was there--actually, TWO packages were there. One I knew was a birthday present I'd ordered for my sister. The other was this:

BRstrap.jpg

A second Black Rapid strap! I had a sport BR strap for my D7000, but when I bought the D800, I put the BR strap on it, so I needed another one for the now-backup D7000.
But THIS BR strap was even better and more exciting than most:
When I decided to buy a second strap, the first place I started was, of course, TPF. Figured Id just throw it out there that I was looking for one and see if anyone had one they wanted to sell before I bought one new. Someone even pointed out in that "Wanted to Buy" thread that it was hard to find them used because once people buy a BR strap, they KEEP it. But then, @BrightByNature came along and said he DID have one he'd sell. He mentioned a price, which I readily agreed to...then he changed his mind.
About the price, not about the BR strap.
He GAVE it to me instead. I am always just amazed and humbled by the generosity of people on here. Jamie has never met me, AND he has a new baby, so surely he is in the "every little bit helps" camp of finances these days--but yet, he just wanted to do something nice, and *I* somehow was blessed to be the recipient of that nice deed!!

Thanks, Bright!! I'll have to take a new selfie of me with all my "usual" camera gear for you now...it'll look a lot like your "visual image" of me, teehee!! :D

Oh...and there's a REST of the story to this. It has to do with that FIRST package, the bday gift for my sister. I'll tell you all about that in just a few, after I get some more work done.

Might be a coffee afternoon, staying actually cool, and rainy. Was going to get something done on an online course but so far not so much. lol Although I did start going thru and sorting some fabric squares and fat quarters I got on clearance.

Now I'm thinking about ostriches...

Odd time of year for a cold Minicoop, but the weather has been so weird no wonder. Well guess I'll go make a pot and try to get something done.

Might be a coffee afternoon, staying actually cool, and rainy. Was going to get something done on an online course but so far not so much. lol Although I did start going thru and sorting some fabric squares and fat quarters I got on clearance.

Now I'm thinking about ostriches...

Odd time of year for a cold Minicoop, but the weather has been so weird no wonder. Well guess I'll go make a pot and try to get something done.
Oooh, a coffee afternoon sounds pretty delightful. Gotta go visit my mama for a while, but maybe when I get home, it'll be a coffee evening!
Awfully cool here too. Only hit the low 80s today. :lol:

So, the rest of the story:

As I said, I knew the other package on my porch was one of the items I'd ordered for my sister's birthday. Only when I picked it up, it was a good bit heavier than I'd anticipated. I looked at the sender, expecting to see the information of the company I'd ordered from. Instead it was someone's personal name and address. Checked the recipient, thinking I must have gotten the wrong package--in the time it took to glance from the sender's name to mine, the little gears in my pea-sized brain begin to grind slowly, then pick up speed...yellow...bulldozer...(obscure reference unless you're a fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide series)...and suddenly...OH! The light dawns... @Gary A.!!!

Look at what an amazingly sweet, wonderful, thoughtful thing he did:
winefromgary.jpg

Gary, I can't even express to you how that lifted my spirits, and what a wonderful thing that was to do!

I'm going to save it for one of the following:
Really, REALLY good news about Mom
Really, really BAD news about Mom
My birthday

My birthday is only a couple of weeks away, so I'll probably have it then, unless one of the other two possibilities happens first. Whenever I *do* open it, we shall plan to have an online Coffee House night, where we can make a toast and enjoy our drinks "together."

Way to go, Gary! I'm sure that was a welcome present, Sharon.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I've started to stabilize. Can't tell on the depression side due to being sick, but on the anxiety side things are MUCH better.

What a nice thing to do!

Morning, hosers. Mmmmmm, coffee...
No readings this morning so I don't have to go into the admin job until 12 today.

Tio: You pretty much rock, y'know that, right? :)

Sharon: I'm totally down with a synchronized Coffee House round of drinks!

Ed: I did indeed smile when I saw the daisy, but I'm afraid the computer didn't smile back at me. It's okay, though, because it totally would have freaked me out if it had ;) I'll try smiling at the cats instead.

Buenas Tardes Coffee Hosers. This is a hot day, upper 80'sF. A nice breeze helps. On my lunch I made some pizza dough for dinner. I dumped a bunch of basil leaves into the mix. Gotta go pull some lemons for ade.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back