The Coffee House

Happy Murica day to all you other Muricans!

DSC_7509_02_01.JPG

Sharon, do you still have your gall bladder? Those are pretty much the same symptoms I was having for weeks before having to have an emergency gall bladder surgery! It was just in time, they said.

My gall bladder and I parted company several years ago, things just weren't working out between us. :lol:

So far, so good today. If the pain comes back, I'll see about having it checked out.

Hey Sharon, still waiting for your Margarita. (Mine are made with Tequila, Lime juice, my bathtub Orange Liqueur over a snowball of shaved ice.

Yours sound MUCH better than what I had! Mine was Mango--it was good. Not great, but good. It wasn't from my favorite little Mexican place, but it was another little local spot that is right down the road from the rehab facility, so it's a convenient stop on the way home.

So, a day late and quite a few dollars short:
20150703_200758.jpg

Hey that looks good ... commercial but good. We had a mango tree but Mary Lou had me move it because mangos are not very pretty. I told her it probably would die with the move, but she had me move it anyway ... it died.

Hey that looks good ... commercial but good. We had a mango tree but Mary Lou had me move it because mangos are not very pretty. I told her it probably would die with the move, but she had me move it anyway ... it died.

Aww. Dead mangos--mangoes?--makes me sad. The trees are definitely not winning beauty awards, but hey, they have mangos hanging from them!! Makes 'em beautiful in MY book!

Aww. Dead mangos--mangoes?--makes me sad. The trees are definitely not winning beauty awards, but hey, they have mangos hanging from them!! Makes 'em beautiful in MY book!
It was replaced with a Plumeria.

Spent most/all of the day gardening and adjust the waterfall. I am beat. It's on 79F, but we just buttoned up the house and turned on the A/C to make it as quiet as possible for Cookie. There have been the pop of firecrackers all day and Cook is too spooked to eat her dinner. It is still quite bright outside but I tossed a pill down Cook's throat. Good night Cookie. Another sip of my Lemon Verbena water and I'm off to make a couple of Margaritas while Mary Lou works on marinating the steaks.

Plumeria are beautiful, no question. Still, I like a tree that produces stuff I can eat. :D
Plus, Plumeria are deceptive. They trick their pollinators into helping them, without giving anything in return. They smell good--and are more fragrant at night, in order to attract the sphinx moths that pollinate them. But those pretty flowers are a LIE--they have NO nectar!! So the unsuspecting moth pollinates them while flitting about from flower to flower, wondering why there is no nectar for its little moth tummy.

I know you probably already know all that. But maybe someone will find it fascinating. Nah, probably not.

Anyway...the mango tree was better. Because, mangos.

But I still like Mary Lou anyway. :D

PS- My favorite lemonade recipe.

8 cups of water
1.5 cups sugar
6 lemons/2 cup lemon juice (Meyers if you got 'em)

Get a cup of water to boil and toss in the sugar, stir into a syrup.
After you have the syrup, mix remaining ingredients together. Easy Pezy.

Plumeria are beautiful, no question. Still, I like a tree that produces stuff I can eat. :D
Plus, Plumeria are deceptive. They trick their pollinators into helping them, without giving anything in return. They smell good--and are more fragrant at night, in order to attract the sphinx moths that pollinate them. But those pretty flowers are a LIE--they have NO nectar!! So the unsuspecting moth pollinates them while flitting about from flower to flower, wondering why there is no nectar for its little moth tummy.

I know you probably already know all that. But maybe someone will find it fascinating. Nah, probably not.

Anyway...the mango tree was better. Because, mangos.

But I still like Mary Lou anyway. :D

I never thought that the Mango was all that ugly and mangos certainly increased its value. But we have Avocados, Apples, Naval Oranges, Valencia Oranges, Mandarin Oranges, Meyer Lemons, Persimmons, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Artichokes, Grapes (Thompson, Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Nior) and I would even get into the veggies and herbs ... the point is yes, Mangos would be nice ... but I don't really miss them.

Just discovered that the Ninja makes great crushed ice. Better than my little shaved ice machine. The Ninja's output is like snow and produces it in about half a second.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back