The Coffee House

Mary Lou is busy making wine themed tablecloth and napkins for our next visit to the Hollywood Bowl (tomorrow). We are using the MyFitnessPal to manipulate our calorie consumption in order to leave room for a glass or two of wine.

Wait; let's think this through:

1. Wine is made from grapes (and other fruits or berries).
2. Fruits, and vegetables are very healthy (right, Lenny?)
I'd say that wine is more on the healthy side than other beverages, so you shouldn't have to watch any calories.

LOLOL. Our bat had to die to be rabies tested. Saved us over $20,000 in rabies treatments and who knows how much trauma for having to give Cooper rabies shots.

My oldest had the rabies series when he was three -- not fun.

Imagine the scene where Forrest Gump learns he can run, but with a different outcome . . . "Fly, Bella; fly!" <thud> "Fly, Bella!" <thud> "Come on, now, Bella!" <thud> . . .

Reminds me more of this:
(just the first minute applies here)

I thought Charlie's comments about being Batman were amusing. I'm not overly thrilled with the whole situation, though the demise of the bat doesn't bug me much.

This thread lately... sheesh. I didn't say I ENJOYED killing the bat or that it was FUNNY. It just needed to be done so it could be tested for rabies, and that fact doesn't bother me much.

Listen, if it came down to killing a bat or having to spend money you DON'T have on rabies treatments for your whole family (would have done it if necessary obviously), I'm pretty sure you would all kill the bat to have it tested. It touched/scratched my wife's face in her sleep, so who knows if its saliva got near any mucus membranes. 3% of bats this year have tested POSITIVE in WI for rabies, and despite that meaning 97% rabies free, it's more of a chance than I'm willing to risk. Classy? I don't really care. My family doesn't have to get rabies treatments (rabies is, by the way, with ONE exception, absolutely fatal), there's no bat in my house, and I'm happy about that. There, I said it.

I'm seriously wondering what the hell is going on with this thread. Leonore had some good points and was quite upset by those posts about the LA County Fair, but nobody bats an eye, let alone say anything. I kill a bat to SPARE MY FAMILY FROM RABIES TREATMENTS and save the goddamned money (do I look like I have $20,000?) and I'm the devil? Let's get this place back on track. Let's lay off the sexualized ads and the overzealous conservationism, shall we? Can we get back to the COFFEE part now? Good.

The Komado is smoking up a storm.
image.jpg

Nice, Gary! (Though I think I'll just stick to the pizza and leave the meat for John ;) )
Oh, not sure if you found this yet, but on the MyFitnessApp website, you can enter your own recipes - just list the ingredients, adjust the amounts, and set the number of servings, and it will figure out all the calories and nutrients for you. Then you can add that to your food journal. It's a pretty great feature and easy to use. I use it a lot since I do a lot of soups and stews in the crock pot.

Coop, well said. I would have done the same thing about the bat. Granted, it would have made me a little sad, but then I'm a big ole sap when it comes to any animal (except roaches and stink bugs and wasps). It was still the right thing to do.

Now, back to coffee...I got my new French press today! I get to test it out tomorrow on my last day at this paralegal job :boogie:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back