The D500s are coming.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My buddy just called me from my local Camera shop and has a D500 sitting there waiting for me to drool all over it. I have to see if I can convince him for a free thirty day trial because I already bought the D7200. The D7200 is sounding like a good back up shooter.:1247:

They are cheap too. :) nice. :) I like the version 5 processor.
Not a fan of the wheel on the left side, being right handed.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Im just going to check it out see whats its like but I am really very happy with the D7200.It's no speed demon on FPS but its a nice well rounded camera for my needs.

You do way more wildlife than sports anyways, so you really only need 15 or so quick shutter releases before the game is off angle again anyways don't you?

Yes I agree.

...but new gear... ahhhhh :) There MUST be a reason that you absolutely need to have it if you just think long and hard enough. :)

It can't be very good, it's been out all day and I still haven't seen a single cat picture yet.. Or better yet a 200 shot sequence of a cat sleeping in horrible light just to show off the buffer...

well i hear it has very little noise in high ISO that would be very nice. besides that nothing else about it really interest me.

i guess you can fine tune the lenses by using live view. manual focusing the lens and than you can tell the camera this is where i want the lens for be focused at and it will fine tune the lens to that focus. but i hear that only works with nikon lenses. now if that works with all lenses that would be the second feature i would be interested in. maybe it does work with all lenses hard to say till people really get their hands on them..

i get some really nice images with my d7200, i doubt ill get better images with a D500 except for may be a bit less noise in low light. is that worth spending 2k bucks to have. not really IMO

Agree Danny the 7200 is terrific camera.

well i hear it has very little noise in high ISO that would be very nice. besides that nothing else about it really interest me.

i guess you can fine tune the lenses by using live view. manual focusing the lens and than you can tell the camera this is where i want the lens for be focused at and it will fine tune the lens to that focus. but i hear that only works with nikon lenses. now if that works with all lenses that would be the second feature i would be interested in. maybe it does work with all lenses hard to say till people really get their hands on them..

i get some really nice images with my d7200, i doubt ill get better images with a D500 except for may be a bit less noise in low light. is that worth spending 2k bucks to have. not really IMO
I'm mostly with you, and I also shoot with a D7200. Honestly, the buffer is my biggest gripe with the D7200. The FPS you can get by with, but the buffer fills so damn quick you can't shoot fast for too long. I would like the bump in FPS, I shoot motorsports and at some points in time you cannot shoot fast enough. Would also like to be able to shoot at a higher ISO with less noise, it's nice to have.

But these aren't worth the price difference to upgrade to me. That's buying me a Nikon 200-500 :D

I'm mostly with you, and I also shoot with a D7200. Honestly, the buffer is my biggest gripe with the D7200. The FPS you can get by with, but the buffer fills so damn quick you can't shoot fast for too long. I would like the bump in FPS, I shoot motorsports and at some points in time you cannot shoot fast enough. Would also like to be able to shoot at a higher ISO with less noise, it's nice to have.

But these aren't worth the price difference to upgrade to me. That's buying me a Nikon 200-500 :D

i never have buffer issues. i may snap 10 shots or so in a row as a bird is flying by but its there and gone so quick i dont need loads of continuous shots.. i can see how some people may need a better buffer.. i do think it would be nice to have but not worth the upgrade for me. now if i really needed to buy a brand new DSLR i would probably have a pretty strong debate d500 or get a D7200 again.. but i am pretty sure i would get the D7200

i never have buffer issues. i may snap 10 shots or so in a row as a bird is flying by but its there and gone so quick i dont need loads of continuous shots.. i can see how some people may need a better buffer.. i do think it would be nice to have but not worth the upgrade for me. now if i really needed to buy a brand new DSLR i would probably have a pretty strong debate d500 or get a D7200 again.. but i am pretty sure i would get the D7200
But Danny, in those few seconds you could have 30 images instead of 15-18 to get the perfect wing position. Once you shoot a pro body you would probably change your opinion. The AF will be better and shooting BIF 10 FPS is a nice speed to have. The layout of the body is better suited for BIF and Sport as well. A dedicated AF-ON is really nice next to your AE-Lock button. Just saying...

This to^^ The D7200 is a very good all around camera and the D500 I consider it to be a Hard Core sports Camera. I am pretty sure you can use the D500 for anything but lets go out and do pretty flowers don't come to mind to me.I guess you really have to shoot something like the D500 to really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back