The new iPhone 4g

Usually people that dont like Iphones are people that cant have em i.e verizon customers but I assure you when they can have em they will come around. It really is an awesome phone.

I'm not part of that camp.

* Internal battery means I can't carry spare for extended trips
* internal battery means planned obsolescence. (I had my Palm 650 for 8 years)
* Limited O/S
* Tied to much to Apple
* Initial cost is more than I think it is worth
* Closes apps when switched
* At least up here, spotty service (I know that's ATT). Its number one role is not a toy, business, web browser,.. it is a PHONE. Hence this was a big deal breaker for me. My iphone buddies tend to loose service in our work building. Meanwhile, I am walking around the datacenter with bluetooth headphones streaming music from Pandora.

btw.. I'm not hating on Apple.. I'm a Mac user. I'm not sold on the iPad thingy for the same reasons.

you could use it as a backup for your rebel :lol:

Backup!? haha

No way. The iPhone is going to have 2 camera's. And it shoots video, the rebel doesnt do that. I'll most likely sell the rebel to pay for the iphone. Who needs lenses anyways

:lmao:

you could use it as a backup for your rebel :lol:

Backup!? haha

No way. The iPhone is going to have 2 camera's. And it shoots video, the rebel doesnt do that. I'll most likely sell the rebel to pay for the iphone. Who needs lenses anyways

:lmao:

I read somewhere that the next iphone is going to have new options. One of those is going to be different lenses to choose from. And the phone is going to be renamed the iphotophone

I heard its going to have a Leica f/.1 Lens

You guys catch that article about the Apple Engineer who lost the prototype of the next iphone at a bar after getting drunk?

I was with him when he um...lost it, yeah, he lost it.;)

Usually people that dont like Iphones are people that cant have em i.e verizon customers but I assure you when they can have em they will come around. It really is an awesome phone.

I'm not part of that camp.

* Internal battery means I can't carry spare for extended trips
* internal battery means planned obsolescence. (I had my Palm 650 for 8 years)
* Limited O/S
* Tied to much to Apple
* Initial cost is more than I think it is worth
* Closes apps when switched
* At least up here, spotty service (I know that's ATT). Its number one role is not a toy, business, web browser,.. it is a PHONE. Hence this was a big deal breaker for me. My iphone buddies tend to loose service in our work building. Meanwhile, I am walking around the datacenter with bluetooth headphones streaming music from Pandora.

btw.. I'm not hating on Apple.. I'm a Mac user. I'm not sold on the iPad thingy for the same reasons.

I got the morphie juice pack for my phone... it's a bit bulky, but it does 2 things... #1, it doubles the battery life, #2, I can charge the juice pack separately and never be without my phone if I need to. As far as the OS limitations, some of them should be fixed with the 4.0 version, which is being released soon.

The phone argument is very valid. If you don't get good enough reception with ATT, then there is no reason in the world to have an iPhone.

I am trying to justify getting a mac... I do music, photography, and am dabbling in video lately... the only three reasons to get a mac!

Unfortunately, another tick mark as to why iphone doesn't work for me:

Adobe gives up on iPhone app development - CNN.com

I assume this will impact the iPad as well.

From the article:

"Now Mike Chambers, the principal product manager for developer relations for the Flash platform at Adobe, has put a full stop to the story from Adobe's side.
In a lengthy blog post, he calls for developers of Flash apps for smartphones to focus on Android and stop developing apps for the iPhone. He also announces Adobe's intention to stop working on the Flash-to-iPhone converter."

the iPhone...the replacement for the Canon Digital Rebel series! it's kind of funny to hear the anti-Apple crowd grasping at straws as to why they don't like Apple products. It's amusing to repeatedly watch Apple re-define entire industry segments, like music downloads,the music sales business, the iPod, the popularizing of the USB protocol, the development of computer video, installing CD-ROM drives in ALL computers, the creation and popularization of the smart phone...also amusing that Apple-developed technologies that are *the most expensive* (iPod) can come to completely dominate entire segments....like MicroShaft's famous Zune music player...wow talk about a successful product (NOT!), the Zune MP3 player--they've sold like ten dozen of those...Android is to the iPhone what the Zune is to the iPod...a day late and a dollar short...and I don't even OWN an iPhone (wife does) , and yet I recognize its huge popularity and its immense impact, and I can see that the iPhone is headed toward becoming another iMac Bondi blue, or another iPod...a revolutionary product that people really want to buy,and which takes a commanding lead and eventually buries the cheap junky products offered by competitors that lack enough influence and vision to redefine any categories...yes, definitely the iPhone and Apple's $244 per share price place it squarely in the "McDonald's" share price...nyuk..nyuk..nyuk.."you said it"

Last edited:
pardon my ignorance, but what flash apps do you need?

The iPhone as an API that makes it easier to just write an iPhone specific app. That's why there are so many. If you don't want to write it yourself, you can hire a third party company to do it for you. That's what we did.

Iphone/Sony here...

I love my Iphone. I have never been one of those apple crazy people. I got the phone because at the time it was the best phone out there and IMO it still is. As for the guy saying its a toy or a gimmick...wow. Its a phone that is also an Ipod that is also GPS, with one touch access to all my email accounts, AIM, I can record on my DVR from it, check flight statuses, play games, check sports scores, watch the NCAA tournament, listen to police scanner, and oh yeah go online and look up anything I want. I love to hear people cry about the limited this or safari that. Wah. Go get a laptop.

Every person I have met who does not have one but is in the smartphone market....either does not want to switch to ATT, can't afford to buy one and/or pay for the service, or just wants to be "different". Now if somebody just personally likes a phone better good for them....but don't bash me or accuse me of wanting to just be "hip" because my choice is Iphone. I don't see Iphone people going around saying "oh you droid people....blah blah blah".....because its stupid to do so.

One thing to note, I have become a big Apple fan because their customer service for me with my Iphone has been stellar. I dropped my phone once and broke the home button. Took it to the apple store, TOLD them I dropped it...they handed me a new phone. My next laptop will be an apple. I almost want to throw my glitchy malware loving HP off the top of a building so I can get an apple that much sooner. On the other hand I don't get the IPAD and think its a complete waste of time. So I am not that loyal.

it's kind of funny to hear the anti-Apple crowd grasping at straws as to why they don't like Apple products.

Careful with over generalizations..

<< A huge Mac user
<< Prefers Droid and doesn't like iPhone/iTouch/iPad.
<< Microsoft Keyboard and mouse attached to a Mac. (I hate the ergonomics of mac mice)

I think there are a few here that who do put effort to making informed decisions.

You guys catch that article about the Apple Engineer who lost the prototype of the next iphone at a bar after getting drunk?

You mean, the article linked to in the original post of this thread?

I actually meant the article from the perspective of the engineer that lost it... not the article featuring the phone that was discovered. Boy he was upset... i hope he doesn't get into too much trouble.

I love my iPhone 4G for 1 reason: Jailbreaking.

Such a large community overall means a large hacking comunity.

That said, I'm probably jumping ship for Windows Phone 7 when it comes out later this year. I'll be able to use my Zune subscription over 3G, and that's HUGE.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back