Thinking about picking up the XT-2

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by kalgra, Oct 21, 2017.

1. kalgra

kalgra TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah I wont pretend to be any kind of expert on what does or does not constitute good or inferior bokeh in any sense. I think the jist of that persons comment was the aperture blades of whatever adapter they were using did not produce the same quality of bokeh balls or something to that effect. In any case from the sounds of it this may well be a viable option for me! So pretty stoked on that.

2. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Is there any versions considered "Grey Market" that should be avoided. Or all all X Series serviceable in the US ?

3. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

The benefits of the pixel boost aren't entirely uniform, nor are the improvements in AF meaningful if you're not shooting action. The joystick? The dial changes? Again, personal preference. My only point was, though, that heavily discounted X-T1 bodies are killer value now. Jeesh, a camera store chain in Toronto was selling new X-T1s for C$599 last weekend.

4. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    what Toronto store ??

and as you mentioned .. it all depends upon what you plan on using the camera for whether the X-T2 is a better fit then the X-T1.

5. cgw

Henry's. The deal was specific to one-day, grand-opening pricing at one of two new stores over the last month. Might be repeated this Friday and/or Boxing Day. Grabbed a mint, boxed Silver Graphite X-T1 with a new battery grip for the same price last week. If it repeats, I may pop for a black X-T1! Have had nothing but pleasure from the 16mp sensor in my X100T. I'll shoot the crap out of these and update 'em when the current 24mp models turn over.

6. SquarePeg

SquarePeg Hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    That’s a great deal for a new Xt1 but I have a friend who went that route (got a great price on a used Xt1 instead of going for the Xt2) and she regrets not spending the extra money and getting the 2. It takes away some of her enjoyment of the Xt1 and she admitted that if she had it to do over again she’d spend the extra and buy the Xt2. For me it was tough to pay full price since I’m used to buying used gear but I’m glad I got the Xt2 and have no regrets.

7. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I have used both the XT1 and XT2. I can tell you the XT2 is a significant upgrade. Focus speed is probably the most noticable out of the box, add a battery grip and it's not even in the same league. Shutter speed, joystick, grain simulations, and EC dial to name others. I love the joystick and it's critical for how I shoot.

8. cgw

Higher AF speed and frame rate aren't especially relevant to me. Shot a friend's X100F and couldn't see a consistent, shot-to-shot advantage over the X100T. It's the "streetability" of the X-T and X100 cameras that appeals to me. Have a D7200 kit that covers whatever the Fujis don't. Horses for courses, as usual. Think we're agreed, though, that Fuji optics are killer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kalgra

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So I'm always keeping an eye out for good deals on used gear and of course started adding Fuji to my regular searches. Yesterday I scored the graphite edition XT-2, power grip, and a Kirk L-bracket all factory sealed, never used brand new with all paperwork and reciept for $1600.

The guy I bought it from stated he had bought it for his father as an upgrade to his XT-1 but unfortunately he passed away a few days later. I certainly felt bad for his loss but I really feel like I got a smokin deal. I had to drive about 3 hours round trip to get it but totally worth it. I didnt think I would like the graphite finish as much but now that I have it I do really like it!

Unfortunately I dont have any lenses for it yet which is killing me but It seem like Adorama may give me a pretty fair deal on my Canon 5DSr so if all goes well I should have some nice lenses soon.
    I think I'm going to start with the 16-55mm f2.8 and the 10-24mm f4 and eventually will add the 55-200 and probably one or two primes.

Anyway I'm pretty stoked!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SquarePeg

Photos OK to edit
    Sweet deal! The graphite edition huh? Look at you, you're a hipster. LOL.

11. kalgra

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I know right?!?! Now all I need is a little leather body case and bag to go with it! Yeah Im just kidding not really into the leather accessories lol.

12. SquarePeg

Photos OK to edit

That's funny because I just ordered a very hipsterish leather camera bag for my XT2! Not my usual style but I wanted something that could pass as a big purse that didn't scream CAMERA. It was $30 off on Cyber Monday - and it matches my boots.

ONA | The Leather Bowery Camera Bag and Insert - Dark Truffle