Tracks shiny?

No doubt the people killed paid the ultimate price.

The article doesn't talk about the people driving the train, that in the aftermath have to deal with the trauma of having killed someone.
Many require years of counseling and some never conquer their guilt and take their own lives.

Lets not forget the families and friends of those who made a fatal error in judgement, and the mental anguish the family and friends have to suffer.

I have never understood the allure of RR tracks. It must be the easy leading Lines or something.

I'd much rather make pictures of an actual train.

sorry. i started reading through that and for some reason just started laughing.

forestgump.gif

Last month, there was an accident on the tracks just a couple of miles from my college. There are lots of crossings on side roads in the area, one of which is just a few car lengths from a traffic light on a road that is a popular short-cut to the highway. There was a line of traffic waiting for a red light and the lights started flashing, bars came down. One woman had her car almost on the tracks when the lights started flashing. Guy behind her had room so he backed up to give her room to get out of the way before the bar came down. She didn't back up and the bar came down on the very back of her SUV. She got out of the car to check the damage, got back into the car, and pulled forward onto the tracks.

Let me repeat that. She got out of the car to check the damage, got back into her car and pulled forward onto the tracks.

Yes, the train hit her and she died. So did 5 commuters in the first car when the 3rd rail cut through the floor of the car. The train dragged the car several hundred feet before it stopped and the first car burst into flames.

It was the worst accident in the history of the NYC commuter rail system. I figure the only way this happens is she either decided that this is how she was going to kill herself and didn't care she might kill others in the process, or she was an idiot of epic proportions.

...It was the worst accident in the history of the NYC commuter rail system. I figure the only way this happens is she either decided that this is how she was going to kill herself and didn't care she might kill others in the process, or she was an idiot of epic proportions.
I'll take option three please Alex!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back