varied focus

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i just thought i would try the same subject but at different focal lengths, how do you think they look
P5010017.jpg

P5010018.jpg

P5010019.jpg

I really like that last one actually. The only thing I wouldn't do is put everything direct center on that one. Its kinda boaring that way. It needs something to make it interesting.

neat project and great shots! what were the focal lengths in each?

This is like photobook material :).
Very nice garden, and I like the "growing symmetry" as you get closer and closer to that column (would you call that a column?) - but then I must also agree with Karissa on the fact that this very object isn't quite the one to catch ones attention in the third. Still, the focal length chosen for the third is "my favourite", thought the first photo "tells most".

JonMikal said:
neat project and great shots! what were the focal lengths in each?
thanks jonmikal! for your kind comments! focal lengths being usaually associated with lens focal length, i had the same effect using varied DOF, the first was shot at f8, and zooming in closer the second was f5.6, and zoomed right in i opened up to f2.8 using aperture priority.

i like them all as a series... it's a nice exercise in DOF and beautifully done! :)

although as a series, i think i would reverse the order with each shot showing more of the scene...........

LRJ said:
although as a series, i think i would reverse the order with each shot showing more of the scene...........
actually i did think about that LRJ, great suggestion! thanks for that!

and thanks to everyone for all you great comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back