Video help.

eddiesimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eddiesimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just posted this question in the beginners forum, but maybe I should have posted it here. A friend just asked me to videotape his son's wedding. I haven't used a video camera much and have never videotaped a wedding. ANY suggestions or tips you can give me would be much appreciated.

Use a tripod.
Work with the photographer!!! Make sure you guys aren't "bumping heads".
Be easy with the zoom.
Focus on the bride / groom. Pan a couple wide shots of the guests, but focus most of your attention on the wedding party.

Did I mention work with the photographer :D
Try and work it out before the wedding. That way you know where each other will be and aren't scrambling last second.

Using the tripod I won't be able to move around, so where should I set up? I presume somewhere up front so I can get the bride coming down the isle, but then I will miss the wedding party with their backs turned to me, is that acceptable?

Part of this will depend on the house rules. Some venues do not allow "vendors" (I hate that title) to move around. Meaning photogs and videogs (<Just made that word up) :lol: have to remain stationary.

I think it is acceptable to start near the alter, possible hand holding, then move directly to the rear after the bride enters. I definitely see more video shot from the rear of the church. I would suggest the rear to the right side of the doorway. That way, you have a better view of the brides facial expressions.

But...I don't do video :D So maybe someone who does will chime in here too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back