Wacom Tablet ? - Advice. Want to buy soon.. :)

Size matters, yes, but only as a personal preference. The smaller tablets, when used with a large display, are very sensitive, as in, a small movement on the tablet equates to a larger movement on the monitor. I personally prefer it. I use a 4x5 table with 2 21" displays. I have a grand total of 3200x1200 resolution. I use the tablet on both monitors, controlling pallets from photoshop on the right monitor. I think it works great.

What about color - does the color of tablet matter?

Wacom is great! My husband is a graphic designer and I am a photographer...we both use it.... Yeah it's gonna take some getting used to...but well worth the buck! Like you said..you've used it and love it...go with it...all you need is about a 4x6...but that is up to you.

I look back at my life "Pre-Wacom" and laugh! LOL to think I thought I was a real graphic designer and when I stumbled into WACOM I felt like a fish out of water. Now it's my 9-5 gig, we have 4 graphics work stations here and none of them have mouses within a 50ft radius of them! I tote my Bamboo Fun Pen/Touch around with me everywhere I go and when I forget the pen and I am reduced to a mouse I cry. Feels like I am designing with or editing photos with a concrete brick that has 2 buttons on it! The way of the WACOM may not be for everyone but it is a different world once you become proficient at it. Detial and speed and the intuitive editing abilities is unmatched in my opinion.

Bamboo Fun Pen/Touch
Intuos III
Cintiq 21UX

I have a wacom and I absolutely love it! I haven't done any illustrations with it but I'd like to attempt some in the future.. for now I use it for editing and its truly a lifesaver/time saver in some situations. It took some getting used to, my hand cramped after using it in the beginning because holding the pen onto the tablet was so awkward for me having never used one but I got used to it very quickly.

I have a wacom and I absolutely love it! I haven't done any illustrations with it but I'd like to attempt some in the future.. for now I use it for editing and its truly a lifesaver/time saver in some situations. It took some getting used to, my hand cramped after using it in the beginning because holding the pen onto the tablet was so awkward for me having never used one but I got used to it very quickly.

What you need to do is just put your mouse in the drawer and forget its there. At work I use it for EVERYTHING even surfing the web and posting on here! LOL

What you need to do is just put your mouse in the drawer and forget its there. At work I use it for EVERYTHING even surfing the web and posting on here! LOL

lol I'm soooooo comfortable with my mouse though :( I don't know if I can do that.. I've tried a couple times and its just strange for me!

lol I'm soooooo comfortable with my mouse though :( I don't know if I can do that.. I've tried a couple times and its just strange for me!

I am telling you LOL I was in the same boat, but my job wouldn't allow a mouse at my design station it was "unperfessional" to design infront of a client with a mouse! LOL so I learned in about 3 days I would say, it's just building a relationship with the worksurface of the WACOM and your monitor. Unlike a mouse, you dont keep dragging to get from one side to the other, the surface of the WACOM represents the surface of your monitor, also you need to hover it like 1/16th of an inch over the surface, a tap down is a click and the harder your press the thicker your brush tool etc, (can't do that with a mouse) and then your flip over your pen and it knows that end is an earaser! How cool is that! I would recomend sticking with it... I don't think you would regret it.

I am telling you LOL I was in the same boat, but my job wouldn't allow a mouse at my design station it was "unperfessional" to design infront of a client with a mouse! LOL so I learned in about 3 days I would say, it's just building a relationship with the worksurface of the WACOM and your monitor. Unlike a mouse, you dont keep dragging to get from one side to the other, the surface of the WACOM represents the surface of your monitor, also you need to hover it like 1/16th of an inch over the surface, a tap down is a click and the harder your press the thicker your brush tool etc, (can't do that with a mouse) and then your flip over your pen and it knows that end is an earaser! How cool is that! I would recomend sticking with it... I don't think you would regret it.

Eh.. I love it for editing but for everyday internet surfing.. BLAH lol I just tried in one thread that was 3 pages just kinda maneuvering my way through and it was a horrific experience.

haha! that's how I was, but then I learned how to walk better then I could crawl and now I rarely crawl... unless I don't have my WACOM around for some reason, then I will dust off my mouse (logitech MX revolution) LOL Nice mouse, stilll use the WACOM 90% of the time though...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back