WASHINGTON DC MEETUP PHOTOS!!!!!

And here's the sunset we were all gawking at on the way back from the metro stop. No wonder we got lost!

58637428.jpg

Brilliant additions, ppl!! Keep 'em coming!

Robert, I love the picture of Chase, great capture!

ShutteredEye said:
And here's the sunset we were all gawking at on the way back from the metro stop. No wonder we got lost!

58637428.jpg
You got it! :cheer: I was telling Alison how we were all acting like we'd not seen the sun in years and shortly after our "ooooo...aaahhhhh" Chase said, "Hate to tell you this Brad, but....I think we missed our exit......" That's the story behind my new Location, and it all started with this sunset! :biglaugh:

I love that shot of Chase too! Nice one. And somehow that shot of Jeff is so perfect.....what is he thinking about, I wonder?? :thumbup:

Great shots, everyone. Eventually I'll develop my measly roll and see if there's anything worthy. :lol:

Wow. More super additions to this thread. Poor people on dial-up: they must call up the page now and then go to work so it is there when they come home ;). And now I'll be the one to add to this dial-up dilemma, ha!

I came home with SOOOOOOOOOO many photos from our combined trip to NYC and DC, it is next to impossible to sort through them and sort some out.

But I am already running behind all of you with my pics, so I decided to choose some people photos (they are best loved anyway, I think) and get them ready for showing. Again, there are many. Beware!

Let me start with the night in which I met all of you first, Friday, 7 April, the beginning of our meet-up:

01_AlisonLucas.jpg

Alison and a very, very tired Lucas in the hotel lobby ... and you know what? I am now realising that I haven't got even ONE photo of neither Aubrey (Hobbes) nor of Christopher!!! How could that happen!?!?!?

02_TerriEvelyn.jpg

Evelyn in Terri's arms

03_Jocose.jpg

A jocose JoCose, pulling a face for me, which I didn't realise, so I took my time until I heard him mutter: "Man, this is beginning to hurt!" :greenpbl: :lol:

04_RobertAndreasBrad.jpg

Robert, Andreas and Brad

05_Corry.jpg

Corry (without Eric, he slept through the first official meet-up night ;))

06_TerriChaseBrad.jpg

The back of Terri's head and Chase and Brad

07_Jeff.jpg

Jeff, laughing at my humble attempts to capture the group with my little Powershot at 400 ISO ??? (No good without NeatImage, believe me).

08_Joe.jpg

Joe, who was bound to become the most often photographed TPF member at this meet-up, but hey: he is the most handsome; sorry, other menfolk, but some things just cannot be denied!

09_JocoseStarChaseCorry.jpg

Jocose, Mrs Chase, Chase and Corry, still in the hotel lobby, shortly before we all called it a day.

More pics to come. Now.

Saturday, 8 April. Major meet-up day. Major rain day in DC. Day of the Cherry Blossom Parade ... all and everyone soaked. So it had to be museum-day, too. More chances to aim the camera at people :greenpbl:

10. Ha! Or have it aimed at ourselves (thanks Robert!)
10_Ostasienmuseum_AC.jpg

11_Ostasienmuseum_AC.jpg

Thanks again! :D

12_Ostasienmuseum_Robert.jpg

Yes. Quite so! This man is responsible for the photos above :lol: I trusted THIS MAN my camera!!! :shock: He treated it with greatest knowledge, I should add.

13_Ostasienmuseum_Jeff.jpg

Jeff in the shirt that beats all weathers! Doesn't at least he look like summer??? :D

14_AirSpace_KarissaChase.jpg

Chase and Karissa in the Air and Space Museum

15_AirSpace_Karissa.jpg

Karissa (and a bit of Aaron's head) in the food court of the Air and Space Museum (and yes, I did wait for you to look up :D)

16_AirSpace_Terri.jpg

Oh, Terri, somewhere on your "measly roll of film" there ought to be the "reply photo" to this one, hm? ;)

Sky, on the way to the...

17_Metro_Sky.jpg

..and others in the Metro home:

18_Metro_AndreasCorry.jpg

A very amused Andreas next to Corry holding on ... what is that??? Ah, sure: the totally unavoidable, brandnew, overpriced umbrella!

19_Metro_AaronKarissa.jpg

Karissa and Aaron in the Washington Metro.

20_Metro_TerriBrad.jpg

21_Metro_TerriBrad.jpg

Terri and Brad, still as in love as in their first days, I think :lovey:

22_Hotel_Sky.jpg

And this just has to be added here: Sky had only come home from a school trip to Italy and was quite jetlagged, so not even the fire alarm in the hotel could raise him - or hardly :D. (There is a pic by Jeff of me taking this pic somewhere higher up).

23_Hotel_AndreasEvelyn.jpg

A pic using the flash, which I try to avoid as much as I can, but I had to get this one, too (but thanks, Alison, as well for your version of this wonderful scene!)

LaFoto said:
139413285.jpg

A very amused Andreas next to Corry holding on ... what is that??? Ah, sure: the totally unavoidable, brandnew, overpriced umbrella!

:biglaugh: Yeah...got the $10 umbrella (that was worth about $50) and I STILL look like I stood otu in the pouring rain for hours on end! Hehe..can you believe I forgot that umbrella in Jeff's rental van? Hehe..oops.

The Sunday morning was "breakfast morning" for all of us, after that the group pretty much scattered, only Joe, Sky, Andreas and myself stayed and met with JonMikal and Scoob at noon.

The breakfast:

24_Frhstck_Aaron.jpg

Aaron

25_Frhstck_ChaseStar.jpg

An all-time calm Chase, no matter what the hectic and stress around him! ;)

26_Frhstck_ChaseStar.jpg

"Ah, what shall I order?"

27_Frhstck_ChaseStar.jpg

28_Frhstck_Joe.jpg

It might not show as yet in my photos, but this WAS the most-often photographed member during this meet-up. Believe me! I know. (I am guilty as charged, too)

29_Frhstck_Robert.jpg

Robert, getting a bit nervous as his was the first flight

30_Frhstck_Terri.jpg

"Ah, nothing beats a nice cup of coffee with LOTS OF cream in all this hectic" (Terri) :D

31_Frhstck_Terri.jpg

Terri

Corry, both our men fought with the sun when they took this group photo after our breakfast in that diner, but in this way it becomes obvious who was to become "the star" of the meet-up (amount-of-photos-wise, if you see what I mean):

32_TPF-Gruppenfoto.jpg

(My fault was that I had forgotten to set the white balance to daylight, so these photos all came out quite blue...)

Front row from left to right:
Karissa, Jeff, Terri, Sky (unimaxium), myself (LaFoto - who wudda thunk, eh? :))
Back row from left to right:
Aaron, Star, Chase, Corry, yes: Joe (clarinetJWD) and Brad.

Haha..aaaw....Joe got erased by flare! :p I can make up for it and post more pictures of him! :lol: I have more of both him and Sky! :lol:

I'm not finished yet!

Joe:

33_Joe.jpg

34_Joe.jpg

35_Joe.jpg

36_Joe.jpg

And Sky:

37_Sky.jpg

38_Sky.jpg

Scoob:

I'm not supposed to restore this link

JonMikal and Scoob
I'm not supposed to restore this link

JonMikal
I'm not supposed to restore these two links

And with these I think I'm done for tonight.
And you still haven't seen any of my "normal" museum pics or those of the sights in DC or our nighttime photography session or of the day that Andreas still had in DC all on our own, or our visit to Arlington Cemetery... :roll:

Okay, here are a few more to add to the download times. :D

Do you think they got tired of the flashes going off?

1991-DSC_1199.jpg

This could've been a lot better if I weren't so stubborn and used something other than the 2.0 on the lensbaby...

1991-DSC_1185.jpg

Here's a little payback about improper posing for photo ops like Joe so kindly pointed out in an earlier posting.... :twisted: ;)

1991-DSC_1180.jpg

Thanks for lookin. :D

I love em Aubrey! The expressions in the first one are hilarious, the second one is PRECIOUS, and the third one is funny! :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back