Watermarks

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey I'm trying to make a watermark/ emblem that has my name on it, not to protect the image, but to put on my final works when I send to people. Could someone nice be willing to put together a little mark that says something like "Bryant Hughes Photography" or something along those lines? I don't need a final copy because i can tweek it. I've attempted so many times myself, but they all come out way too corny.

Thank you so much

Something you might consider is having the images marked on the back. Many print shops can do this and you can also have stamps made. The stamp effect is very classy when done right, and you can also mark them to prohibit unauthorized reproduction. Just my two cents if you are more concerned with branding then with protection.

As a known hater of excessive watermarks, I think that the classiest way to identify your work and attempt to generate interest is your name (or that which you wish people to know you as, and MAKE SURE IT COMES UP IN GOOGLE- I am now the first hit for my moderately common name, thanks to a photoblog with daily updates) in small, unornamented, and opaque lettering in the corner. Open up the Text tool, pick a classic font, set the opacity to 60%, and drop it in the corner. That way, people who are impressed will find your name, and those who want to see your photo won't instantly be overwhelmed by a logo in which a dolphin silhouette turns into rising smoke that eventually spells out "DaRk viZZionZZ pHoToZZ" while covering ninety-seven percent of the image.

I have been considering doing the same thing for a series of images I'm sending back to my summer employer (hoping to remind them of how much they love me and why they should invite me back), and this is the classiest-looking thing I can find.

While I like McQueen's advice, this has the added advantage of being visible on a hung photograph, since most of the people who see your images will almost assuredly never see the back of the print. Ultimately, I think the best choice depends on who the images are going to and how they will be using them (shoved in a folder or hung in a high-traffic area?). KISS- Keep It Subtle Stupid are words I wish more watermarkers would live by.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back