Weird lense issue

Seriously, some people DO NOT know how to google-- so take the best comment you posted and apply to yourself..

Give a man fish.....

TELL THEM WHAT GOGGLE IS.

Whoa there tiger, calm down. I think the link specifically showed what google is. Besides, it's pretty safe to assume that someone who knows how to find a photography forum, sign up for an account, and post questions will know what a search engine is. I'm just saying.

Some older people do not know how to google- :confused:

To us more experienced (older) people, it seems it's the young people who don't know how to write effective search terms and properly use any of the plethora of search engines that are available. ;)

^^^This

Bitter Jeweler said:

I think I've learned how to tone my dramatic side down. Not going to get any cinema worth replies from me...at least on this thread.

Alright, now that everyone got that out....LOL I am not a kid. I know how to google. and if ya read what I wrote from the beginning, you would of saw that I did figure on cleaning the contacts and 'knew' what the ERR01 meant. Thank you.
Not like I just said he Im dumb whats that mean.

My intent was to get insight on if anyone else has had this problem and if they knew of ways around it.

Like this insight. Still uses the lens, but with a different aperture, which may I will play with to see if that works.

I just usually thought that if the lens was not compatible with your camera it wouldnt work at all. Not like my case where it will work indoors but not out in sunlight.

I have a 35mm sigma lens that only works at f2.8
anything else and I get an error code.
Turns out it's an older model just not compatible with 30D and 40D.
I hear I can get it it updated, but never followed thru with it.
Error only at smaller aperture might explain it

OP: It is possible that the lens' power diaphragm has failed, which will mean the lens will only work wide open and trying to stop it down will cause an error message. The reason I suspect this is what you said about using it insde works fine (probably wide open/max aperture due to lower light) but outside, when it tries to stop down to compensate for the brighter light, it won't work. Also, you said it worked fine for about a week before failing so it is probably not a compatibility issue. It is easy enough to test if works only wide open or stopped down, just put the camera in M or Av. Also, try setting an aperture value or say, f8, and then pressing the DOF preview button and seeing what happens. It is also possible that it will work fine at some zoom levels - this is exactly what happened to my canon 17-85 - it would work fine from 17-35, but anything upwards of 35mm would give an error unless wide open.

Seriously, some people DO NOT know how to google-- so take the best comment you posted and apply to yourself..

Give a man fish.....

TELL THEM WHAT GOGGLE IS.

So what exactly is this 'goggle' that you speak of?

Alright, I will test the lens doing what you said with aperture. Also only tried it at 70mm, and then full zoom at 210mm, and no luck working. Thank you for the information, fokker.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back