Well I Did It...

Rv5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well after much careful thought and research, i purchased a D70s kit after years of point and shoot cams. I plan on spending all day tomorrow reading the manual and Sunday Im going to head to the zoo for some practice shooting. Now I know the 18-70 might not be the best for zoo shots, but it will be an easy first run. Was wondering if anyone had some advice for a first timer??

Congrats on your new purchase.
I think you pretty much have everything together for learning how to use your camera. I found what was most helpful was to set up a single unmovable object against a plain background (for instance a flower) and with new features found throughout the manual take a few shots so that way each are comparable and you can see the difference. Have fun with it :)

Just Shoot Shoot Shoot!!! the beauty of digital is you can shoot (and experiment) as much as you want without having to shell out tons of money on film and processing for experiments. The best way to learn a new camera is to use it.

Have fun! Are you really interested in the zoo, or zoo animals? That's fine if you are. If not go after something you are really interested in. It will show in your photography.

Most reactions

Back