What color is the dress?

Whoever at marketing HQ landed on the idea of a simple bog standard white balance issue as a means to drive sales on an otherwise standard dress - and generate pages of discussion on photos forums - that person is a genius !

i am a guy and it makes me contemplate buying one...

I'd buy prints of the photograph. Who cares about the actual dress?

periwinkle and olive-green.

What a small world. Today when I came to work a collegue showed me that image and I couldn't imagine the the first thread I would see on the forum wich is based in another part of the planet would be didicated to the same dress.
BTW I see black and pale blue (violet).

LOL. it in fact, in real life IS Blue and black. The dress can be found online, and the sales for that dress increased 347% !! ( after this debate was released ). I saw blue and black from the get go, when I went and showed it to my mother, she saw White and gold. It is an optical illusion which explanations are found online. But in the end, it is really blue and black, everyone else is wrong. I'll try to find the link to that dress again :D

No, it is black and white. You can muddle white into any color you want, you can't muddle black. That shade of pale blue is not available, Neither is white and gold. The blue and black dress is much darker and if you look around you will find white and black is just as available.

*EDIT**
What color do you see now

tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_500_5.jpg

Last edited:
That is a photoshoped image, the REAL dress IS BLUE and BLACK. Period. No discussion.

That is a photoshoped image, the REAL dress IS BLUE and BLACK. Period. No discussion.

Oh, I guess we've been told then, huh?

The real issue is NOT what color the real dress is, but what colors people see when they look at the original picture.

Funny thing was that I looked up the Roman website, and the first thumbnails that popped up I saw as "gold and white", then the website refreshed, and the dress was now "black and blue". However, in the photo being discussed, I see "gold and white". Weird.

I am waiting for the first wedding photo set where that dress is what the bridesmaids were forced to wear!!! Those are gonna be awesome pics!

That might be likely, the company will probably sell more of that dress than they ever could have imagined! lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back