What color is the dress?

Someone please help me to understand. The picture released from the actual dress on Amazon is a VERY blue and VERY obviously black dress. What kind of lighting would possibly make it so light in the picture that went viral? I would have sworn it was a white and gold dress and the white balance was off... I can edit pictures to make a white dress look blueish.. But I can't figure out how the black would become such a goldish brown color?!

I was one of the ones that saw it as gold and white. I couldn't at all understand how my husband was seeing black. I still don't understand, even though I know the actual dress really is blue and black.

You posted asking the question while I was composing that answer.

A bad cell phone picture apparently, I thought it looked light bluish and bronze-y. I think seeing those colors the impression it gives is that it's white and gold, in the shadows.

Look at the background, that's what I noticed looks so overly bright. So if that or the entire photo was adjusted and the dress was darker it might look closer to royal blue. The black lace didn't seem possible looking at the photo but I guess it can be hard to tell from a really bad picture.

Apparently it's a nylon blend fabric that has a sheen to it so that might account for some of the reason it looks so different in the picture than it actually is, if it's somewhat reflective.

I see white and gold, my husband sees black and blue, my son sees brown and blue. Weird.

10857319_1073805989299849_4698344742415998836_o.jpg

Do people who buy this dress expect the dresses color to look different to different people when it really only the original smartphone photo that does that.

John.

It would be an ugly dress in any color.

LOL. it in fact, in real life IS Blue and black. The dress can be found online, and the sales for that dress increased 347% !! ( after this debate was released ). I saw blue and black from the get go, when I went and showed it to my mother, she saw White and gold. It is an optical illusion which explanations are found online. But in the end, it is really blue and black, everyone else is wrong. I'll try to find the link to that dress again :D

LOL. it in fact, in real life IS Blue and black. The dress can be found online, and the sales for that dress increased 347% !! ( after this debate was released ). I saw blue and black from the get go, when I went and showed it to my mother, she saw White and gold. It is an optical illusion which explanations are found online. But in the end, it is really blue and black, everyone else is wrong. I'll try to find the link to that dress again :D
what if they made it in different colors?

what if they made it in different colors?
They don't.

What does calibrating your monitor really mean now, calibrate to what?

John.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back