what is the limit most labs go pushing film?

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
if i +4 will they even do it?

Depends on the lab. If you're sending it through Wal-mart, I wouldn't bet on it.

WalMart will just look at you like a deer in the headlights, and say, "Huh?"

This is why I started doing my own souping.... I can customize the process.

Back in my days running a minilab, the Noristu processor only supported +/-1.5
A real pro lab could do more in a dip'n dunk.

You could search 'b&w film processing labs' and contact a few to find out.

Digitaltruth has Tri-X @6400, HC-110 Dilution B, 26 Min at 20 deg C
Semi-stand development: agitate constantly for 30 secs, then 5 inversions every 5 minutes.
Dilution B is 1+31 from concentrate.
Tri-X & HC-110 is the only 4 stop push I found.

I may try it tomorrow, I have plenty of Tri-X. Probably stand develop with a HC-110 clone 1:100, 1 hour, no agitation.

Phil

Last edited:
Anyone know if Dwayne's will do it?

Massive Dev Chart lists a 5 stop Tri-X 400 in Rodinal 1+50 51 minutes semi-stand. 12800 E.I. Might have to try that. Oooooohhhhh grainy!!

I missed that one. I guess I will need to try that too. I was hoping to sneak out for a couple of hours, but too much going on. Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Phil

I'll push film anyway you want at my lab......I pushed T-Max 3200 to 25000 for one of my customers.

I am sure ugly. :1247:
Bribrius, call the labs and ask them. Anything we say here is not worth the paper this forum is printed on.

I am sure ugly. :1247:
Bribrius, call the labs and ask them. Anything we say here is not worth the paper this forum is printed on.
My own fault. But for future reference before i decide to push film in camera i should probably have someone i know that will do it in the actual process. I was getting ready to send to mpix and realized that wasn't a option. There is a local lab (about a forty minutes away) i could talk to. Realistically, i really shouldn't be making calls like that when i don't know who will even do it. And for future reference, i wont be. I don't have my own dark room. So i dont have that ability to make that call. Dwaynes will push film. I think i saw that on the form around here somewhere. But i dont think 4. I should probably (logically) get this figured out for future reference so i am not shooting things to waste film and know my parameters in which to stay. . part of it was the in camera exposure. Since i was running a higher voltage than i was supposed to i adjusted up. Then in low light i adjusted up, adjusted up. Now i am kind of in a pickle on a couple rolls me thinks.

Almost everything here stacks up against you. (Sorry) Overdeveloping by 1 stop is normal, most people do and think it looks good. May by for scanner. But systematic under exposure and over development requires experience. First one has establish normal dev for given film and camera, possibly lens to. And just then establish conditions for normal +. Just the fact, that you can't really rely on your built in light meter eliminates correct development at first knock, possibly will make any developing hit and miss affair.

Most reactions

Back