what is the limit most labs go pushing film?

This is Rodinal 1+100 stand development comes into it's own. You won't get tack sharp high contrast but you will get scanable (maybe printable) negatives. Find someone to do it for you. Worth a shot over giving up.

Contact Blue Moon Camera and Machine. They charge $2.00 per stop push with no mention of how many. Don't give up someone will develop the film.

This is Rodinal 1+100 stand development comes into it's own. You won't get tack sharp high contrast but you will get scanable (maybe printable) negatives.
That only works with negs exposed very close to nominal speed and with minimum of development needed for it. Any longer and negs may become to dense due to fogging and silver replating loosing on contrast (and I mean here micro contrast), sharpness and grain. Printable: yes, but not fine. My trials with Agfa APX 100 in Rodinal 1:100 came down to :icon_eek: 27' in constant 20 C of stand. Far cry from the famous 1 hour (or more). More time in stand and printing problems will start.
Any commercial lab will routinely over develop, just to make sure, there is something to print and keep customer happy. They figure, if somebody gives them film for developing, he/she is just an amateur, oblivious to intricacies of fine photography, so he/she wouldn't know the difference.
I don't see much point in shooting film and scanning it only. Digital camera will do that in much simpler way. But if one is doing this, at least develop at home and don't miss a whole truckload of fun. :fat:

This is an HP5 neg stand developed in the fridge and printed with my Focomat 1C
Shot wide open at F1.5
Scan of print looks much better in the flesh

print20-XL.jpg

print20-XL.jpg
? What do you mean by that ? Scan looks better, than print ? How large is the actual print ?

print20-XL.jpg
? What do you mean by that ? Scan looks better, than print ? How large is the actual print ?
i am guessin instead of online or the puter...

i dunno. i hate looking at crap online. Never looks the same as in real life. "images" blah blah blah..

........ Now i am kind of in a pickle on a couple rolls me thinks.

Any update?
Nada. Put it on the back burner. Adding more rolls to it. Dont dare to ship to mpix. Think it is going to photosmiths in dover. i gotta drive there. But i can look at the guy in person and say "here is the deal". since they are semi local and do it in house i might have better luck. still a hour drive. but if i have a few rolls saved up to go.

though they really dont look that young to me..

print20-XL.jpg
The print looks better than the scan of the print its only a 8x10 because I need to get some bigger trays

Most reactions

New Topics

Back