What should i do

SamiJoSchwirtz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a canon xsi, with a 75-300 lens, 50-1.8 lens and the kit lens.

My question is.
Should I get the t3 kit, or get the 50 1.4 lens for y xsi...

Which would meet your needs better? What is wrong with/lacking about your current kit?

Put the money in a bank account and don't touch it, just add to it. There's no point in upgrading by small amounts a million times. Save save save and upgrade HUGE one time. You'll be much happier in the end, I promise.

Oh, I don't want to keep upgrading cameras. lol. I just want the t3.. Have for a while.

I don't think I need to have a 3k camera to be decent at photography.
:lol: but, I think I'm goin to get both. And leave it at that for a long while.

Actually, I've been doing some research. A lot of he xsi I've seen, were more than the t3. if I were to get t3i or something than yes, but its not an upgrade at all...

thetrue said:
Xsi, t3, t3i, they're pretty much the same! Keep the body, upgrade to a higher end lens, just just a more expensive, marginally better lens than you basically have already....

well, it's still more of an upgrade than the T3 would have been. not by much tho. :lol:
And I've tested out the 501.4 I really liked it. Performed much better than my 1.8
EDIT: I just really want some new gear!! Haha

Last edited:
A T3 isn't going to substantially increase your image quality. Some nice L glass will, however. Then, once you have enough glass to really have sharp images, upgrade the body! Also, if you are going to upgrade the body, don't go incremental, go up! At the very least, go up to a t3i or t4i, though if I were in your shoes, I'd invest in some L Glass then upgrade to a 7D when I could afford it. You'll be sorely disappointed when you find that you spent several hundred dollars on a new camera body only to find you can't really tell the difference in image quality!

A t3 would be a better investment than an XSi if you didn't have a camera. Upgrading from an XSi however, not so much.

Save your pennies. The $400 that a new t3 costs could go towards some nice used L glass. Trust me, you'll get much better images through good glass, much more of an image quality upgrade than a new body.

Now, if there is a feature on the t3 that you just NEED, then perhaps, but you WON'T be increasing your image quality.

I can't even agree that the t3i or t4i are more than slight slight upgrades.

Most reactions

Back