What the dumbest thing you've done?

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't think I can pick one stupid thing b/c there seem to be so many...but here a few of the dumbest things I've done (or said).

-When I was 16 I still thought that labor day was a holiday for pregnant women
-When I was 16 I thought that during daylight savings time that we got an extra hour everyday, and not just the one day, and then when we change our clocks again, that we lost that hour...so technically it all evened out :lol:
-I once put gas in the oil spot of someone else's lawnmower
-I painted my body blue (arms,legs,face,neck) for spirit day at school, dyed my hair and everything, unfortunately the blue dye turned my hair green, and the poster paint I used on my body stained my pores :lol: And didn't learn my lesson and did the same thing the next two years, using red, and then black :lol:

Now it's your turn...TOP MY STUPIDITY :lol:

oh where to begin...

1) welded with no protection

2) stuck a paperclip in a wall outlet

3) jumped from a 3 story building to impress a girl

md

1. I drove from Oxford,MS to Grants, New Mexico without checking the oil once. yes the engine died. It sucked.

2. started smoking cigarettes.

3. did not go to Tufts when I had the chance.

1. sitting on the 11 - stock - building's roof with my friends (I'd never do this again!)
2. Dived 6 meters under the water to rescue a camera (well I'd do this again if I had to, but I'd do some breathing exercises before... the pressure on 6 meters down there is incredible blah... I almost fainted down there...)
3. riding in the woods on my bike after a few beers... don't do it please :p too many trees .. definitely :)

The most embarassing thing?
I got really cross with someone whom I was supposed to be interviewing - they couldn't do a simple think like walk across the room to me when I called their name out.
"What's the matter? Are you f*cking blind or something?"

And then I saw his white stick.....

Tried to Catwalk (wheelie) my nephews dirt bike.

It was a really small charlie brown size dirtbike. But when I fell I forgot to let go of the handle bar? So yeah it kinda hurt and then it drug me alittle while. Oh yeah no pads cause I'm to hard core for that?

1. When I was 12 I played war withmy friends using a bb gun.
2. Running from a cop, luckily I lost him.
3. Pretty much everything I've ever done with fire or explosives
4. Jumping a ditch with my bike using a ramp that collapsed, luckily I was wearing a helmet but with no face protection (explains alot don't it?)
5. Teaching myself to do a bootlegger slide in a 1975 Chevelle.
6. Jumping a delivery van
7. Playing tag with Roman candles
8. Throwing a guy off the top level of a set of bleachers
9. Street racing
10. Bumper tag (passing your friends on the highway at 70mph, touching the bumpers of your cars as you pull in front)
11. Trusted a woman (sorry ladies)
12. Played paintball with shop glasses
13. Jumping into a concrete river without a clear idea how to get out.
14. Changing a fuel filter without depressurizing the system first, and having my father, cigerette in hand, walk over to see what was wrong after I had been sprayed with gasoline.
15. credit cards... nuff said
16. Ran a military campaign in asia (come on, you have to get the reference)

God I am a moron:confused:

I explored unchartered territory on a sled, was having a great time until I was headed straight for a tree, the only thing that saved me was my ponytail!!! It got stuck in a branch and stopped me cold just before hitting the tree! The guys had to climb down and get me unstuck. : )

Now what have we all learnt from this thread boys and girls??.... Yes that's right... Boys are silly little boys!

Most embarassing thing I've ever done... There's way too many.
1. I liked a guy in school (we'll call him Bob Doe) and was friends with his best friend (we'll call him Billy). Anyway I used to talk with Billy all the time about this guy I liked, Bob Doe... then one day Billy said to me that Doe liked me... I said "Who's Doe?" (up until then I didn't know the guys last name!)

2. Climbed to the top of a tree on grade 9 camp that was hanging over a waterhole... and then got freaked out at how high it was! So a friend climbed up to help me down... but it was impossible so he talked me into jumping coz it was the only way down. I jumped. My shorts got caught on the tree. I hung there for a few seconds and then proceeded to fall after ripping the shorts and then slammed back first into the water. Got winded and stayed underwater for a very long time. Everyone got very scared. I don't jump out of high trees anymore.

3. Well except for a week later (on the same camp) I was sitting a couple of metres up in a tree right on the shore of a dam, reading a book. And there was a guy I like (why is it always involving guys I like!!!?!?!) And he started to walk over to where I was, so I wanted to get down from the tree to talk to him. Again, to my horror, my feet got tangled up and I face planted the sand really really hardly! Well at least I got some attention from the guy. But I was the laughing stock of the camp after that.

4. Went on a Contiki tour in Italy... everyone had to get up before the bus to introduce themselves. I was about half way down the bus so by the time it got to me everyone was bored ****less. So I got up said some stuff about me.. then said how I like to play music and said "yeah I play a lot of wind instruments, like clarinet, saxophone, flute.... I play just about anything I can blow really." Very Very embarrasing before 50 people I don't know!

5. Went to fill out a form for a driver's licence... answered all the questions.... Height? 1m74... eye colour? Blue..... Hair colour?.... "Ummmmm"....hehehehe. I forgot my hair colour. And yes... I'm blonde.

Hmm I should really not hang around trees if I'm trying to impress a guy.

Meysha said:
Hmm I should really not hang around trees if I'm trying to impress a
guy.

Hehe Dont worry

Me...I signed up for a forum called thephotoforum.com

Only messin

for me...I really dunno...cant remember anything ive done terribly....

I burst into a class at school after being sent to go and get some paper

"I dont know sir I cant find any paper whoops wrong class" and I walked out, not stopping to breath...

Most reactions

Back