What type of photography do you do?

I mostly take pictures of animals. Pets, and when I get the chance, wildlife. I have trained dogs for a number of years and dogs just so happen to be my subject the majority of the time.

It started out that I did dogs because they were the easiest. They will sit and wait as long as you ask (as long as treats are involved) and they never complain about how they are having a bad hair day. Over time I realized that I enjoy taking pictures of dogs more than anything else.

Flowers and people are close runners-up.

Wildlife
Landscape
Architecture
Macro

No formal portraits or weddings (I've never liked it).
Started with an automatic SLR ... 23 years ... quickly traded that for a fully manual SLR (though there were many SLR's and rangefinders along the way ... never did get into AF cameras ... and never got my hands on a Leica M). Worked 11 years in the photo retail industry. Had medium format cameras and one large format for sometime. Took a semester of photography in college (learned the Zone System and developing/printing). Had a personal darkroom for 6 years. Tried photojournalism ... wasn't my thing ... though getting into concerts and pre-event shows was cool. Primary wildlife haunt was Algonquin Park (spent a lot of time shooting from a canoe).
Switched to Digital only a year ago.

... serious amateur photographer.

Welcome to the forum!

I LIked landscpaes the most...but i dont have many places i can go to get good landscapes too often...i like macro, its probaly a VERY close second....

im not all to into portraits....but I want to be a wedding photographer...right now Im getting all the gear I need....

Macro is the first option since I started photographing, just last year I also started to shoot birds, cause two friends of mine that used to go with me in the field got into birdwatching... and Im liking it too =)

Now my only wish to get a DSLR is for more reach on bird shots, for macros I had nothing to complain with being on a compact camera

As someone fairly new to the Photo Forum, I would like to know what type of photography each of you do. Weddings? Portraits? Landscapes? Art? etc. Do you do on location only? Do you have a studio? Care to share your background? Are you a hobbyist or is this more serious for you?

Just share what you'd like for anyone to know. Thanks!

Fashion, Beauty and Advertising.

Ben :)

Is it crazy for me to say I want to try a little of everything and let the camera lead me into what is next. I still love Automotive Pics!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back