What's this part called? How to replace it?

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thumb pad?

It fell off my p510 , so what can I do? It's sticky, so I don't want to just leave it. Can I just order a replacement pad? I can't find where to buy one.

I have had the camera 10 months. Is this a common problem with Nikon?

Excuse the cell phone pic.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 453
Ok, I found one on ebay for the d3100. I can cut it, if it doesn't fit I guess. 13 bucks for that little piece of rubber seems excessive.

Some others seem to just clean tge spot with alcohol and go without a pad.

Some use "Goo Gone" to remove the sticky residue and use "Gorilla Glue" as an adhesive.

Nikon might be able to help. Failing that, some thin adhesive-backed sheet foam cut to fit from a craft store might be the best you can do.

When I had my D90, the back rubber came off twice... I finally slapped it back on with "pliobond" and bam... never came off again!!!
If the rubber on my D300 fails, I'll do the same.

I can actually get a better grip on it without the pad, so im going to goo gone it, and just keep it. Doesn't look as good, but it will be fine.

Some use "Goo Gone" to remove the sticky residue and use "Gorilla Glue" as an adhesive.

...and that's, that.

@Rick Was it you the one who mentioned Goo Gone and Gorilla glue for his camera before? I remember a thread prior and suggested Goo Gone and someone added Gorilla Glue as the adhesive. ;)

I dont no when gorilla's started making glue but it sure is some powerful stuff.:)

...and that's, that.

@Rick Was it you the one who mentioned Goo Gone and Gorilla glue for his camera before? I remember a thread prior and suggested Goo Gone and someone added Gorilla Glue as the adhesive. ;)

Hmmm...not sure. Both are great products. As a Maintenance Supervisor, my guys use both of these routinely

@Rick I also use both in fixing and cleaning stuff in my house. Both are great products. But as of now, I am not looking forward to use them in my camera! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back