Where to buy a camera?

Jillinebinny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just wondering, where do you guys buy your cameras? I am a little limited in choices where i live (we only have one photography store and their selection is limited).

I could look for cameras in the Tri-cites (WA) when i'm down there visiting family, but i'm not down there often (it's 2 1/2 hours away). I'm also close to spokane (1 1/2 hours).

Anyways, i was just wondering what stores you reccomend, or if you know of an online store that is good to do buisness with. Online would be nice because then i don't have to dive very far (gas is so crazy), but i can understand the benifits of going into a store and actually being able to talk to someone...

I am leaning towards a Canon right now, but i'm still deciding, but i would like to be able to compare prices between cameras and such.

Thanks for the help :)

There are two links at the top/right of the page. B&H and Adorama...both are highly recommended.

I bought mine through Amazon, but would have bought it through B&H is I had known about it!

I've bought from B&H a couple times and had not one hitch.

Also, they probably have about the best price you're going to get and not have to worry about getting ripped off.

I bought mine through Amazon, but would have bought it through B&H is I had known about it!

I just looked at B&H and their prices seem very reasonable :)

I see that you have a canon rebel XTi, that is what i'm looking into getting. How do you like it? Would you reccomend it?

I've bought from B&H a couple times and had not one hitch.

Also, they probably have about the best price you're going to get and not have to worry about getting ripped off.

Thanks, that is great to know :)

eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, eBay, and . . . , oh yeah, eBay.

Never ever ever ever ever ever buy from eBay or Craigslist. OK... use eBey only if you wanna get burned. Stick with Adorama, or B+H Photo, or Fredmiranda.com -buy and sell forum. That's a hard lesson learned that I am imparting for you my friend.

Never ever ever ever ever ever buy from eBay or Craigslist. OK... use eBey only if you wanna get burned. Stick with Adorama, or B+H Photo, or Fredmiranda.com -buy and sell forum. That's a hard lesson learned that I am imparting for you my friend.

It's a shame so many people get burned on ebay. I've had nothing but good luck buying on there. I have however stepped away from buying on ebay lately and started buying from people on the photo forums that I belong to. Had nothing but good dealings doing it that way.

There are those that have and those that havent bought from Allens Camera in PA... and those that havent... are missing out... period...

There are those that have and those that havent bought from Allens Camera in PA... and those that havent... are missing out... period...

That's great for those that live in the area...but for those that don't...doesn't look like there's too many options, if this is the company you're referring to, they only have 2 links on their site, home page and Store Hours and Directions, lol.

http://www.allenscamera.com/Home_Page.html

You can't order online from what I can see.

You are correct and wrong all in the same statement... you cannot order online... but you can CERTAINLY call... and they do an exceptional job handling orders... I live in NY... not PA... I pay EXACT shipping which is considerably better than what B&H or Adorama charges... I get it next day... and no taxes...

Call and talk to Allen directly... and SEE the difference...

Sorry double post... so I will add this... Allens is good enough that on my site (www.northeastfoto.com) we list them as a sponsor even though they arent... all of the members on NEF order from Allens... its just that good...

The online places are great but don't forget your local camera shops(not one).

Places keep closing around me.

I buy online but am thinking I might spend more just to support.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back