Wheres the love for Tokina? (Searched)

i have no gripes, i have had it for about 6 weeks. so far so good.

Also, it was mentioned in your old thread that another member had to get 3 copies to get a good one. How do you know if you have gotten a bad one?

i believe he mentioned that the edges where soft at 18 mm. i haven't noticed any problems like that with mine (yet).

Great to hear. I think you mean 16mm right?

^^I see. So the quality of glass is there, but the mechanism behind the glass is different therefore, it can not be labeled as an "L".....

Thanks.

I had the lens for about 2 months. Unfortunately my experience was with a full frame 5d mark II so it's hard for me to give the review you're looking for. I purchased it to use with my XTi knowing I was going to upgrade to the 5dII. There were lots of people saying it was an acceptable lens to use at 16mm on full frame. That term acceptable is pretty broad. As long as you weren't expecting more than decent web resolution, it was fine. That's all I can say about that.

But the resolution was excellent across what would have been a crop factor sensor. Yes, the zoom range was lacking, but I looked at it this way: I would have been OK with a quality prime at f/2.8 so this was a bonus.

I have zero experience with Canon's 10-22

sorry, i just looked at the thread again;

IF you get a good copy, you will be blessed with sharpness and joy beyond belief. . .at 2.8, it's SHARP as a tack at the center. . .but corners (if you are pixel peeping) are slighly soft. . .by 3.2 (1 stop above), it's sharpened up considerably, and by 4.0, negligible. . .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back